Re: Scripting problem

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 2 11:00 PM
      James,
      A friend of mine has a generator start macro that sends an email to him when the generator runs. If you would like I can contact him for the script.

      I had to roll back from beta to 55076, to be able to run scripts and Nuvi Commands OK. 55076 is stable.

      Alan
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 3 9:59 AM
        On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Alan <alan@...> wrote:

        > A friend of mine has a generator start macro that sends
        > an email to him when the generator runs. If you would like
        > I can contact him for the script.

        Is it a macro that he calls externally? I have a routine that sends an
        email when the battery voltage drops below a set point. The issue I am
        having is with calling a macro that resets the acknowledge bit. Still
        I'd like to see what he's doing.

        > I had to roll back from beta to 55076, to be able to run scripts
        > and Nuvi Commands OK. 55076 is stable.

        I have upgraded to 55076, and my macros do not run.

      • Tom Tengdin
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 3 11:46 AM
          Where does the EXEC actually get executed?

          If I have a digi on a mountain top how do I get an email when the
          battery voltage drops or the temp gets to high/low?

          Can someone point me to more information?

          Tnx,

          T3

          WB9VXY

          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 3 12:56 PM
            On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Tom Tengdin <t3@...> wrote:

            > Where does the EXEC actually get executed?

            EXEC, as in the scripting command Execute T in the OT2? It gets
            executed within the microprocessor of the OT2.

            > If I have a digi on a mountain top how do I get an email when the
            > battery voltage drops or the temp gets to high/low?

            Write a script that executes a command to send an email to you when
            the appropriate conditions are met.

            > Can someone point me to more information?

            Here's the information about scripting.

            http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting

            Use profile switching to change to the second profile when specific
            conditions are met, and have the script check if you are running in
            the second profile. If you are in the second profile, then we know the
            profile switching conditions have been met, and we can send an email
            message notification.

            It's as simple as that. (Really it is if you figure out what you want
            to do, and how to do it. The light finally came on for me about a week
            ago after sitting on this concept for over a year, and waiting for
            Scott to allow me to test conditions within a script. I finally
            realized that I can use the profile switching to do the condition
            testing for me.)

            Now, let me guess... you'd like an example, right? Let me work for a
            bit and I'll put together a wiki page with the information on how to
            get this done. The wiki makes it easier to explain than a plain text
            email.

          • Bob Burns W9RXR
            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 3 2:18 PM
              At 10:22 PM 3/30/2011, Scott Miller wrote:

              >I think we're down to about 30 OT2m in stock now. MX614DWs are still
              >delayed. We might have to do another run of the current board, but
              >I'm trying to avoid it. I'd rather push ahead with the new design,
              >if I can get it done in time.

              Scott, you're a tease. <grin>

              I was thinking about buying an OT2m for my digi, but you keep hinting
              that you are reaching the end of the road with the current OT2 and
              mentioning a "new design". Makes me wonder if I should wait until
              Dayton to see what you roll out.

              Decisions, decisions.

              Bob...
              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 3 3:06 PM
                The send email on specific conditions example is up on the wiki now.

                http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Script_Examples#Send_Email_on_Event

                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 4 2:54 PM
                  Not sure if it'll be ready in time for Dayton, but we'll see. The
                  hardware will be an upgrade, but the main intent is making them easier
                  to produce and eliminating hard-to-get parts.

                  Scott

                  On 4/3/2011 2:18 PM, Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
                  > At 10:22 PM 3/30/2011, Scott Miller wrote:
                  >
                  > >I think we're down to about 30 OT2m in stock now. MX614DWs are still
                  > >delayed. We might have to do another run of the current board, but
                  > >I'm trying to avoid it. I'd rather push ahead with the new design,
                  > >if I can get it done in time.
                  >
                  > Scott, you're a tease. <grin>
                  >
                  > I was thinking about buying an OT2m for my digi, but you keep hinting
                  > that you are reaching the end of the road with the current OT2 and
                  > mentioning a "new design". Makes me wonder if I should wait until
                  > Dayton to see what you roll out.
                  >
                  > Decisions, decisions.
                  >
                  > Bob...

                • Rudy Benner
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 4 2:56 PM
                    The OT2m is a bargain, with many neat and nifty features.

                    ve3bdr

                    Not sure if it'll be ready in time for Dayton, but we'll see. The
                    hardware will be an upgrade, but the main intent is making them easier
                    to produce and eliminating hard-to-get parts.

                    Scott

                    On 4/3/2011 2:18 PM, Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
                    > At 10:22 PM 3/30/2011, Scott Miller wrote:
                    >
                    > >I think we're down to about 30 OT2m in stock now. MX614DWs are still
                    > >delayed. We might have to do another run of the current board, but
                    > >I'm trying to avoid it. I'd rather push ahead with the new design,
                    > >if I can get it done in time.
                    >
                    > Scott, you're a tease. <grin>
                    >
                    > I was thinking about buying an OT2m for my digi, but you keep hinting
                    > that you are reaching the end of the road with the current OT2 and
                    > mentioning a "new design". Makes me wonder if I should wait until
                    > Dayton to see what you roll out.
                    >
                    > Decisions, decisions.
                    >
                    > Bob...

                  • Bob Burns W9RXR
                    Message 9 of 28 , Apr 4 9:35 PM
                      At 05:56 PM 4/4/2011, Rudy Benner wrote:
                      >The OT2m is a bargain, with many neat and nifty features.

                      Rudy, I already own two T2-135's and two T2-301's. I'm well familiar
                      with the "neat and nifty features" of the T2 series. My W9RXR-1 digi
                      is currently running a T2-135, but I want to upgrade it to a
                      commercial grade radio, hence my interest in an OT2m. I also maintain
                      another high-profile digi that's currently using a Kantronics KPC-3+
                      which we may upgrade.

                      Bob...