T2 with uiview 32 Problem

  • Mikey
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2011
      Hello Group,
      I am using a T2 with Ui view32 as a I gate its working good the trouble is when i got it i used the same config file i have for my T2 digi i was under the impression when its in kiss mode uiview 32 takes control My problem is the T2 still ID Tx to a digi how do i stop this and let uiview have control? It works good as igate the I gate is wd5mhz the T2 is under wd5mhz-2 My real Digi is wd5mhz-1 How do i stop the t2 from id'ing?

      Thanks 73,s
      Mike Henry
      wd5mhz
    • Randy Love
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2011
        Open the config file for the one you are using for the UI-V32.
        In the TX control group box, set TX Every to 0.
        Alternately, in the Position group, you can check the GPS box ONLY, then it won't tx unless it has a gps connected with valid fixes.
        Send the new validation to the T2.

        Unlike most older tnc's that become brain dead when you put them in kiss mode, the Tracker 2 does NOT. It will happily support being a tracker AND kiss mode tnc at the same time. That is one of the reasons we like to use them in our units for special events. They will keep tracking even if we have to remove the user interface device ( computer, Nuvi350, etc.) without human intervention.

        73,
        Randy
        WF5X

        On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Mikey <wd5mhz@...> wrote:

        Hello Group,
        I am using a T2 with Ui view32 as a I gate its working good the trouble is when i got it i used the same config file i have for my T2 digi i was under the impression when its in kiss mode uiview 32 takes control My problem is the T2 still ID Tx to a digi how do i stop this and let uiview have control? It works good as igate the I gate is wd5mhz the T2 is under wd5mhz-2 My real Digi is wd5mhz-1 How do i stop the t2 from id'ing?

        Thanks 73,s
        Mike Henry
        wd5mhz

      • Glenn Miller
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2011
          Thanks everyone for the input on my problem with the KISS mode. I used the OT configuration program and reset the TNC and have it working properly now.

          73

          Glenn N6GIW
        • Mikey
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30, 2011
            Hello Randy,
            Thanks for the help it worked great I didn't know they would support more than just one that is really cool

            Thanks again
            Mike Henry
            wd5mhz 73,s