Re: [tracker2] Re: my own position issue

  • rondall swart
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2011
      depending what radio you are using you have to watch your input volume. you can over-drive and under-drive the input volume for the tnc. I normal open the squelch open all the way then slowly turn up the volume until I can just clearly hear the static and this seem to work just fine for me. this is why someday I would like to get a Alinco 135 to hook my OT2m to because if going this way on the Alinco it’s a direct feed for audio and you don’t have to worry about the volume knob settings. but like said before sometimes you just won’t hear everything the digi and/or i-gate is hearing, this can happen a lot if lets say your running 10w mobile and the digi and/or i-gate your going into is only running 5w. also remember a lot of i-gates are not setup to digi back out. all i-gates I setup here in wyoming are setup to digi back out and also are setup as a full aprs message digi system 2-way into and out of the internet but this isn’t the case with a lot of i-gates setup. I know the i-gate local here won’t receive aprs messages from the internet and send them out via RF but the i-gate I setup 40 miles away will.
      Ron
      K7CDL