Re: Nuvi 350 with FMI Stuck in Dispatch Mode or Power Pop-up Mess

  • k7ybz
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20, 2011
      No problem Mike.

      > I don't think it's the cradle unless there is another pin that is
      > involved beyond 5 volts + and ground. The nuvi does shut down when I
      > remove power from the cradle or remove the nuvi from the cradle. That
      > infers that at least 2 pins in the cradle are powering the nuvi.

      The only other thought that comes to mind is a problem with the cable between the 350 and the OT2. I did have one 0183 cable that was DOA, but it had different symptoms. If the 350 cannot detect what cable or device is plugged in, it might give the same message. You just might have an intermittent cable.

      Garmin does read the ID pin to determine what device/cable is attached. For the FMI feature, it is an 8.2K to ground. For its AC adapter, it as a 7.5K resistor from the VPWR pin to the ID and a 7.5K resistor from the ID pin to ground.

      Larry
      K7YBZ