Is ther suppose to be a different config program for tracker 2?

  • kc9gqr
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
      i didn't know if that could be my problem.. I have all the updated
      stuff from the web, atleast i think i do
    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
        Ok, something just occurred to me. Can someone with this problem try
        replacing R2 with a lower value, like 3k? The only difference in the serial
        section of the circuit between the OT1x and T2 is the TXD line. For
        whatever reason, it's open drain on the AP64 chip, so it requires a pull-up
        to 5 volts. If the cable is too long, that might not be enough of a signal.
        I put in 10k there because that's what I used on the SMT prototype, probably
        because I've got a bazillion of them on hand and when I forgot it on the
        original layout, I soldered in whatever was handy. I didn't look at that
        closely when I came up with the new board layout, and 10k does sound too
        high. A perfect example of why this is still a 'beta' project!

        Scott

      • kc9gqr
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
          --woops my fault R2 is there- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com,
          <scott@...> wrote:

          > Ok, something just occurred to me. Can someone with this problem
          try
          > replacing R2 with a lower value, like 3k? The only difference in
          the serial
          > section of the circuit between the OT1x and T2 is the TXD line.
          For
          > whatever reason, it's open drain on the AP64 chip, so it requires
          a pull-up
          > to 5 volts. If the cable is too long, that might not be enough of
          a signal.
          > I put in 10k there because that's what I used on the SMT
          prototype, probably
          > because I've got a bazillion of them on hand and when I forgot it
          on the
          > original layout, I soldered in whatever was handy. I didn't look
          at that
          > closely when I came up with the new board layout, and 10k does
          sound too
          > high. A perfect example of why this is still a 'beta' project!
          >
          > Scott

        • kc9gqr
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
            --- I just made a new ccable approx 12" long and still does the same
            thing...

            Bradley

          • scott@opentrac.org
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
              Well, if you're in a cable building mood, try this - add a resistor between
              pins 3 and 4 on the tracker side, and make sure JP4 is set to the 5-volt
              position. One of the spare 10k resistors might work, or a lower value.

              Scott

            • kc9gqr
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
                you are the man... its working now..... woohoo
                ---