RE: [tracker2] just got the tracker 2 in mail and can't get it to load config program.....

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
      Hmm. Did you have it powered on or not when you clicked 'connect'? Try
      powering it up after you click the button.

      It's really strange that so many people are having trouble with the
      bootloader. I think I'm going to have to try it on some more computers and
      see if I can duplicate the problem. I've gotten communications errors a
      couple of times, but aside from that it's been very reliable. And the
      serial stuff should be pretty much identical to the OT1x.

      Did you change any of the jumper settings?

      Scott

    • kc9gqr
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
        tried both ways... i just tried tracker1x again with same cable and
        power and works fine..... and changed 0 jumpers???????????any more
        thought?

      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
          Without the config program running, what happens? It should blink once and
          then stop. Activity on the radio should make it blink green.

          Scott

        • kc9gqr
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
            have not hooked it to radio yet.. when powered up it does blink 1x
            green and thats it---