Re: [tracker2] T2 Stuff

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
      Actually the FMI cable is powered from the nuvi end - unless it's an
      010-11232-00 or 010-10865-00, in which case it has a separate power lead.

      The comm error icon should go away with 12 seconds if the T2 is in
      Garmin mode and wired properly.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
        > Is there a particular order in which the DR-135 radio / T2-135 and Nuvi
        > 350 combo is supposed to be turned on? Is this likely my issue or
        > should I be looking at the cable between the two?

        No. If the T2 hasn't heard from the nuvi in several seconds it will
        assume it hasn't been initialized, and will start trying to activate it
        again. They can be turned on or off in any order and should re-sync
        within several seconds. Could be a bad connection.

        Scott
      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011
          Scott N1VG wrote...

          > Actually the FMI cable is powered from the nuvi end - unless...

          Arghhhh! Sorry about that. Typing without thinking. I should have
          said "if the Nuvi was powered on, the FMI cable would have power"...
          if the Nuvi is powered from the cradle. Because the Nuvi has an
          internal battery, it's easy to have a bad connection on the cig lighter
          cord and not notice it.

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH