Re: [tracker2] T2 Stuff

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
      Pete KC0GPB wrote...

      > Lately my Nuvi 350 occasionally does not recognize the T2-135 (I get
      > that circle with a slash icon saying it's not connected). Usually with
      > some power cycling of each the radio and the Nuvi 350 it eventually
      > comes around and works.

      The FMI cable is powered by the T2-135, so if the radio is on, the active
      circuit in the cable (the lump) should be working. The Nuvi must be powered
      via the cradle. Other than looking for something like a cable not fully inserted,
      I would be thinking of the T2-135 itself. Pop the lid on the radio and make
      sure the cable from the radio to the T2-135 is fully seated.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
        Actually the FMI cable is powered from the nuvi end - unless it's an
        010-11232-00 or 010-10865-00, in which case it has a separate power lead.

        The comm error icon should go away with 12 seconds if the T2 is in
        Garmin mode and wired properly.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
          > Is there a particular order in which the DR-135 radio / T2-135 and Nuvi
          > 350 combo is supposed to be turned on? Is this likely my issue or
          > should I be looking at the cable between the two?

          No. If the T2 hasn't heard from the nuvi in several seconds it will
          assume it hasn't been initialized, and will start trying to activate it
          again. They can be turned on or off in any order and should re-sync
          within several seconds. Could be a bad connection.

          Scott
        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2011
            Scott N1VG wrote...

            > Actually the FMI cable is powered from the nuvi end - unless...

            Arghhhh! Sorry about that. Typing without thinking. I should have
            said "if the Nuvi was powered on, the FMI cable would have power"...
            if the Nuvi is powered from the cradle. Because the Nuvi has an
            internal battery, it's easy to have a bad connection on the cig lighter
            cord and not notice it.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH