Re: T2-301 command port shutting down after transmitting

  • pb648174
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011
      From the command prompt and converse mode would be good to know, I'm going to try converse mode next. I was able to get it working with beaconing by putting in a 1.5s delay between beacons, arrived at by trial and error.

      > From the command prompt, converse mode, or KISS?
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 3/2/2011 5:13 AM, pb648174 wrote:
      > > How large is the buffer size?

      > > Steven Heimann <vk2bos.lists@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I haven't followed all of this but up until now my thoughts have
      > > > definitely been along the lines of voltage sag or RFI.
      > > >
      > > > Given the details in your email below could it be a problem with limited
      > > > buffer in the TNC? Perhaps try temporarily reducing the data payload to
      > > > 5-10 characters and space the packets out well so the buffer can't
      > > > overflow and see if that has an impact on how long it runs before dying.
      > > >
      > > > Regards
      > > > Steven VK2BOS

    • pb648174
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011
        Seems like 2s is a better time and sending CONVERSE via BEACON doesn't seem to make much difference. I have it working fairly well sending small picture sizes around 2K.

        Is there a command I can send to detect if the device is getting overloaded without just waiting and hoping it is long enough before sending more info?

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011
          I would start by setting QUIET to 0, especially if you're going to be
          working at altitude. That way you know the tracker won't be sitting on
          an outgoing packet while it waits for the channel to be clear.

          Maximum packet size should be 255 bytes for KISS, and around 80 for
          converse mode. The exact value has been tweaked from version to version.

          Scott