Re: Replacement for Nuvi 350

  • chris.ronk
    Message 1 of 40 , Mar 2, 2011
      Is there not plenty to do with the messaging I've been so vocal about?

      Fixing the "compression" bug, et cetera. Even the fact that I cannot send or receive any messages at all while in a route to a destination.

      There is plenty to do, and I am here to help if I can.

      > I'm in contact with Garmin and I wouldn't say they don't care, it's just
      > not a high priority for them. We do seem to be making some progress,
      > though.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 2/25/2011 9:13 PM, Gary wrote:
      > > Garmin has made it very clear they don't care about the APRS application of
      > > their products nor are they interested in adjusting their device software to
      > > better suit the application. While I agree the 350's will eventually get
      > > hard to find I'm at a loss as to why so many seem to look mostly to Ebay for
      > > them. I have found many, many Nuvi 350's in my area by simply searching the
      > > local online ads and asking around. While this doesn't work as well for
      > > those in more rural areas it does around most cities. I've searched online
      > > ads all over the country and continue to find more 350's advertised. I have
      > > plenty of them but for kicks I searched locally again tonight and found two.
      > > One was advertised as new in the box/never used. I contacted the seller and
      > > found out he wants $50. They're still out there.
      > > Gary

    • seerdman
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 10, 2011
        Hi Chris - here's my take on it:

        On the otwincfg startup screen, it sounds to me like checking the "Erase device and load new firmware" will only install new firmware from the web site. If you're not able to simultaneously connect to your device and the web, then selecting "Offline" from the startup screen and selecting a .cfg file wiil take you to the configuration screen, where the buttons "File" and "Web" should be highlighted IF you're connected to your device (I'm guessing here). Since the web choice won't work for you, use upload from file and choose the newly downloaded ot2.s19 file. Hope it helps!