Re: just got the tracker 2 in mail and can't get it to load config program.....

  • kc9gqr
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3 5:25 PM
      --- Mine was prebuilt by Scott......

      In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Wes johnston" <wes@...> wrote:

      > HOw much current is it drawing? mine was 300mA and the chip got
      warm - 0mA with no uP chip installed. I do have a real comport
      (built in to MB) that I tried to use to program it.... and I'm using
      a 9pin, 9wire serial cable... not just 2,3 and 5. Perhaps the flow
      control pins were the problem?

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3 5:39 PM
        Hmm. Did you have it powered on or not when you clicked 'connect'? Try
        powering it up after you click the button.

        It's really strange that so many people are having trouble with the
        bootloader. I think I'm going to have to try it on some more computers and
        see if I can duplicate the problem. I've gotten communications errors a
        couple of times, but aside from that it's been very reliable. And the
        serial stuff should be pretty much identical to the OT1x.

        Did you change any of the jumper settings?

        Scott

      • kc9gqr
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3 5:43 PM
          tried both ways... i just tried tracker1x again with same cable and
          power and works fine..... and changed 0 jumpers???????????any more
          thought?

        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3 5:45 PM
            Without the config program running, what happens? It should blink once and
            then stop. Activity on the radio should make it blink green.

            Scott

          • kc9gqr
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3 5:47 PM
              have not hooked it to radio yet.. when powered up it does blink 1x
              green and thats it---