Re: [tracker2] just got the tracker 2 in mail and can't get it to load config program.....

  • Wes johnston
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
      HOw much current is it drawing?  mine was 300mA and the chip got warm - 0mA with no uP chip installed.  I do have a real comport (built in to MB) that I tried to use to program it.... and I'm using a 9pin, 9wire serial cable... not just 2,3 and 5.  Perhaps the flow control pins were the problem?

      Wes
      I check to erase and load new firm ware then when i click it the led
      turns solid green for a couple of sec's and flashes orange or red and
      then turns off and then it justs sits there...  I also checked the
      cable with my opentracker 1x and everything fine there..  any thought

    • kc9gqr
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
        --- Mine was prebuilt by Scott......

      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
          Hmm. Did you have it powered on or not when you clicked 'connect'? Try
          powering it up after you click the button.

          It's really strange that so many people are having trouble with the
          bootloader. I think I'm going to have to try it on some more computers and
          see if I can duplicate the problem. I've gotten communications errors a
          couple of times, but aside from that it's been very reliable. And the
          serial stuff should be pretty much identical to the OT1x.

          Did you change any of the jumper settings?

          Scott

        • kc9gqr
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
            tried both ways... i just tried tracker1x again with same cable and
            power and works fine..... and changed 0 jumpers???????????any more
            thought?

          • scott@opentrac.org
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
              Without the config program running, what happens? It should blink once and
              then stop. Activity on the radio should make it blink green.

              Scott

            • kc9gqr
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3, 2006
                have not hooked it to radio yet.. when powered up it does blink 1x
                green and thats it---