Re: T2-135 - How to reset?

  • Woody
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8 12:37 PM
      Ditto on opening it up and taking a look. The connector from the t2-135 to the radio came loose on mine and it stopped working. Plugged it back in and it was good as new.. I noticed that the connectors aren't exactly the same.. so the clip that would normally hold it in is in the wrong place.. I am considering putting a dab of hot glue or something on mine to keep the connector from coming out.. (Unless someone has a better suggestion)

      Mike - K6MAW

      > There's no hardware reset, but you should be able to run the config
      > program. You'll probably need to power cycle the radio after you hit
      > the 'connect' button, though.
      >
      > If that's not working, can you open up the radio and see if the LEDs on
      > the T2-135 board are blinking when it powers on?
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 2/7/2011 9:03 PM, Gary Sanders wrote:
      > > I have a T2-135 in my radio and connected to my Garmin 350, and had it
      > > apparently working for a few minutes. Now for some reason the 350 can't
      > > talk to the T2-135. Sending a "--version" message initially would
      > > display the Build number. Now, I just see "sending"
      > >
      > > I'll save the troubleshooting for later. The initial problem I need to
      > > deal with is how to get the T2-135 out of Garmin mode and back into Auto
      > > mode. When it was working, I could just switch it back by sending
      > > "--amode auto" and it would switch. Now, of course, that no longer works.
      > >
      > > I've tried to use the config program, and it can't communicate with the
      > > T2-135 either.
      > >
      > > The config program was downloaded and the firmware was updated on the
      > > T2-135 within the last few weeks. Of course, I can't tell you the build
      > > number because I can't talk to it :).
      > >
      > > My 2 basic questions for right now:
      > >
      > > 1) Is there a hardware reset somewhere that will reinitialize the
      > > firmware to factory default? I didn't see one in the manual or on the
      > > schematic.
      > >
      > > 2) Should I be able to communicate with and recover the T2-135 using the
      > > config program when it's in Garmin mode? When it worked, I was able to
      > > communicate with it as long as it was in Auto mode, but not when it was
      > > in Garmin mode. And of course, now it's locked it Garmin mode.
      > >
      > > I'm sure I'll have several other questions as troubleshooting
      > > progresses, but for now I need to determine if the T2-135 still works in
      > > auto mode.
      > >
      > > Hope all of this makes sense.
      > >
      > > Gary Sanders
      > > WB0BZR

    • Gary Sanders
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8 7:34 PM
        Keith, Scott and Mike, thanks for the suggestions. When I pulled the
        cover, I discovered the connector from the DB9 to the T2-135 was loose
        in the socket. I reconnected it and regained (some) connectivity.

        Both LED's do blink when the power is applied.

        Mike, I like the idea of hot-melt glue on the connector - the kind I
        have can be peeled off pretty easily, so it could be undone at any time,
        but should hold against vibration, etc.

        I said (some) connectivity, because getting the config program to
        connect to the T2 and display the config screen is tenuous at best. It
        seems that it will connect maybe 1 time out of 10 attempts. I'm using a
        laptop with a built-in RS-232 port (IBM T30). I also tried with a USB to
        serial converter on the laptop that uses a FTDI chip that's never failed
        to connect to anything that I've thrown at it. (And that's been quite a
        lot!).

        I've tried power cycling the radio, both using the ON/OFF button on the
        radio, and pulling the power connector, and it doesn't make any
        difference. The message I get is "Can't open port" or similar.

        Any thoughts?

        Gary Sanders
        WB0BZR

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14 11:15 AM
          Make sure you've got the latest otwincfg - it fixes a couple of glitches
          that can cause the port to get stuck open.

          Also, try it with the 'disable turbo' checkbox on. Sometimes the DR-135
          wiring seems to be kind of marginal at 115200 baud.

          Scott