Re: [tracker2] T2-135 - How to reset?

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
      There's no hardware reset, but you should be able to run the config
      program. You'll probably need to power cycle the radio after you hit
      the 'connect' button, though.

      If that's not working, can you open up the radio and see if the LEDs on
      the T2-135 board are blinking when it powers on?

      Scott

      On 2/7/2011 9:03 PM, Gary Sanders wrote:
      > I have a T2-135 in my radio and connected to my Garmin 350, and had it
      > apparently working for a few minutes. Now for some reason the 350 can't
      > talk to the T2-135. Sending a "--version" message initially would
      > display the Build number. Now, I just see "sending"
      >
      > I'll save the troubleshooting for later. The initial problem I need to
      > deal with is how to get the T2-135 out of Garmin mode and back into Auto
      > mode. When it was working, I could just switch it back by sending
      > "--amode auto" and it would switch. Now, of course, that no longer works.
      >
      > I've tried to use the config program, and it can't communicate with the
      > T2-135 either.
      >
      > The config program was downloaded and the firmware was updated on the
      > T2-135 within the last few weeks. Of course, I can't tell you the build
      > number because I can't talk to it :).
      >
      > My 2 basic questions for right now:
      >
      > 1) Is there a hardware reset somewhere that will reinitialize the
      > firmware to factory default? I didn't see one in the manual or on the
      > schematic.
      >
      > 2) Should I be able to communicate with and recover the T2-135 using the
      > config program when it's in Garmin mode? When it worked, I was able to
      > communicate with it as long as it was in Auto mode, but not when it was
      > in Garmin mode. And of course, now it's locked it Garmin mode.
      >
      > I'm sure I'll have several other questions as troubleshooting
      > progresses, but for now I need to determine if the T2-135 still works in
      > auto mode.
      >
      > Hope all of this makes sense.
      >
      > Gary Sanders
      > WB0BZR

    • Woody
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
        Ditto on opening it up and taking a look. The connector from the t2-135 to the radio came loose on mine and it stopped working. Plugged it back in and it was good as new.. I noticed that the connectors aren't exactly the same.. so the clip that would normally hold it in is in the wrong place.. I am considering putting a dab of hot glue or something on mine to keep the connector from coming out.. (Unless someone has a better suggestion)

        Mike - K6MAW

        > There's no hardware reset, but you should be able to run the config
        > program. You'll probably need to power cycle the radio after you hit
        > the 'connect' button, though.
        >
        > If that's not working, can you open up the radio and see if the LEDs on
        > the T2-135 board are blinking when it powers on?
        >
        > Scott
        >
        > On 2/7/2011 9:03 PM, Gary Sanders wrote:
        > > I have a T2-135 in my radio and connected to my Garmin 350, and had it
        > > apparently working for a few minutes. Now for some reason the 350 can't
        > > talk to the T2-135. Sending a "--version" message initially would
        > > display the Build number. Now, I just see "sending"
        > >
        > > I'll save the troubleshooting for later. The initial problem I need to
        > > deal with is how to get the T2-135 out of Garmin mode and back into Auto
        > > mode. When it was working, I could just switch it back by sending
        > > "--amode auto" and it would switch. Now, of course, that no longer works.
        > >
        > > I've tried to use the config program, and it can't communicate with the
        > > T2-135 either.
        > >
        > > The config program was downloaded and the firmware was updated on the
        > > T2-135 within the last few weeks. Of course, I can't tell you the build
        > > number because I can't talk to it :).
        > >
        > > My 2 basic questions for right now:
        > >
        > > 1) Is there a hardware reset somewhere that will reinitialize the
        > > firmware to factory default? I didn't see one in the manual or on the
        > > schematic.
        > >
        > > 2) Should I be able to communicate with and recover the T2-135 using the
        > > config program when it's in Garmin mode? When it worked, I was able to
        > > communicate with it as long as it was in Auto mode, but not when it was
        > > in Garmin mode. And of course, now it's locked it Garmin mode.
        > >
        > > I'm sure I'll have several other questions as troubleshooting
        > > progresses, but for now I need to determine if the T2-135 still works in
        > > auto mode.
        > >
        > > Hope all of this makes sense.
        > >
        > > Gary Sanders
        > > WB0BZR

      • Gary Sanders
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2011
          Keith, Scott and Mike, thanks for the suggestions. When I pulled the
          cover, I discovered the connector from the DB9 to the T2-135 was loose
          in the socket. I reconnected it and regained (some) connectivity.

          Both LED's do blink when the power is applied.

          Mike, I like the idea of hot-melt glue on the connector - the kind I
          have can be peeled off pretty easily, so it could be undone at any time,
          but should hold against vibration, etc.

          I said (some) connectivity, because getting the config program to
          connect to the T2 and display the config screen is tenuous at best. It
          seems that it will connect maybe 1 time out of 10 attempts. I'm using a
          laptop with a built-in RS-232 port (IBM T30). I also tried with a USB to
          serial converter on the laptop that uses a FTDI chip that's never failed
          to connect to anything that I've thrown at it. (And that's been quite a
          lot!).

          I've tried power cycling the radio, both using the ON/OFF button on the
          radio, and pulling the power connector, and it doesn't make any
          difference. The message I get is "Can't open port" or similar.

          Any thoughts?

          Gary Sanders
          WB0BZR

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2011
            Make sure you've got the latest otwincfg - it fixes a couple of glitches
            that can cause the port to get stuck open.

            Also, try it with the 'disable turbo' checkbox on. Sometimes the DR-135
            wiring seems to be kind of marginal at 115200 baud.

            Scott