Problem getting cmd prompt

  • rogerstager
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011
      I am having intermittent problems getting a cmd prompt. I recycle the power and press enter several times, but I do not get a prompt. Sometimes it works on the first attempt, but fails at all subsequent attempts. I have tried with and without the GPS attached.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011
        What mode is port A set to? What baud rate? Try disabling flow control
        in your terminal program if you haven't already. Do the front panel
        LEDs blink every time it starts up?

        Scott

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
          Both port A and port B are set in "Auto" mode.
          Baud rates on both are 4800.
          Flow control is disabled on PC side.
          My PC is connected through an iogear usb-serial converter.

          The funny thing is that it seems to work for the first time after power on, but then fails later, when I cycle the power on the radio.

          My tracker2 is mounted in a T2-301D radio, so I don't have LEDs on the front, but the power led comes on and transmit led blinks.

          If others are not having this problem, then this must be something with my config, but I just can't figure it out yet.

          Thanks for your help

          Roger