Re: [tracker2] Converting d-sub GTRANS to Kenwood

  • Larry Simon
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
      ---- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM, gerrykav <gerryk777@...> wrote:
      > > Would it be possible to convert it to the Kenwood connector, preferably non-destructively, as I do intend to retrieve the T2 at some stage.
      >
      > I would guess it would be as simple as making a 3 wire DB9-2.5mm
      > stereo cable to adapt the physical connection. A "standard" Kenwood
      > GPS cable should do the trick.
      >
      > -Jason
      > kg4wsv

      This is how I have mine setup and it works fine.
      --
      Larry Simon
      KC7QJO
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
        Thanks, I thought that might be the case.
        Now... I don't suppose anyone has the pinout off the top of their heads? I did have a look around and couldn't find any reference to it.
        regards
        Gerry EI8DRB

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Larry Simon <kc7qjo@...> wrote:

        > ---- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@...> wrote:
        > > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM, gerrykav <gerryk777@...> wrote:
        > > > Would it be possible to convert it to the Kenwood connector, preferably non-destructively, as I do intend to retrieve the T2 at some stage.
        > >
        > > I would guess it would be as simple as making a 3 wire DB9-2.5mm
        > > stereo cable to adapt the physical connection. A "standard" Kenwood
        > > GPS cable should do the trick.
        > >
        > > -Jason
        > > kg4wsv
        >
        > This is how I have mine setup and it works fine.
        > --
        > Larry Simon
        > KC7QJO

      • Kent
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
          Pins 2,3 and pin 5 is ground barrel

          On Feb 1, 2011, at 18:21, "gerrykav" <gerryk777@...> wrote:

          Thanks, I thought that might be the case.
          Now... I don't suppose anyone has the pinout off the top of their heads? I did have a look around and couldn't find any reference to it.
          regards
          Gerry EI8DRB

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Larry Simon <kc7qjo@...> wrote:

          > ---- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@...> wrote:
          > > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM, gerrykav <gerryk777@...> wrote:
          > > > Would it be possible to convert it to the Kenwood connector, preferably non-destructively, as I do intend to retrieve the T2 at some stage.
          > >
          > > I would guess it would be as simple as making a 3 wire DB9-2.5mm
          > > stereo cable to adapt the physical connection. A "standard" Kenwood
          > > GPS cable should do the trick.
          > >
          > > -Jason
          > > kg4wsv
          >
          > This is how I have mine setup and it works fine.
          > --
          > Larry Simon
          > KC7QJO

        • gerrykav