Re: [tracker2] Converting d-sub GTRANS to Kenwood

  • Jason KG4WSV
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
      On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM, gerrykav <gerryk777@...> wrote:
      > Would it be possible to convert it to the Kenwood connector, preferably non-destructively, as I do intend to retrieve the T2 at some stage.

      I would guess it would be as simple as making a 3 wire DB9-2.5mm
      stereo cable to adapt the physical connection. A "standard" Kenwood
      GPS cable should do the trick.

      -Jason
      kg4wsv
    • Larry Simon
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
        ---- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@...> wrote:
        > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM, gerrykav <gerryk777@...> wrote:
        > > Would it be possible to convert it to the Kenwood connector, preferably non-destructively, as I do intend to retrieve the T2 at some stage.
        >
        > I would guess it would be as simple as making a 3 wire DB9-2.5mm
        > stereo cable to adapt the physical connection. A "standard" Kenwood
        > GPS cable should do the trick.
        >
        > -Jason
        > kg4wsv

        This is how I have mine setup and it works fine.
        --
        Larry Simon
        KC7QJO
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
          Thanks, I thought that might be the case.
          Now... I don't suppose anyone has the pinout off the top of their heads? I did have a look around and couldn't find any reference to it.
          regards
          Gerry EI8DRB

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Larry Simon <kc7qjo@...> wrote:

          > ---- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@...> wrote:
          > > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM, gerrykav <gerryk777@...> wrote:
          > > > Would it be possible to convert it to the Kenwood connector, preferably non-destructively, as I do intend to retrieve the T2 at some stage.
          > >
          > > I would guess it would be as simple as making a 3 wire DB9-2.5mm
          > > stereo cable to adapt the physical connection. A "standard" Kenwood
          > > GPS cable should do the trick.
          > >
          > > -Jason
          > > kg4wsv
          >
          > This is how I have mine setup and it works fine.
          > --
          > Larry Simon
          > KC7QJO

        • Kent
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2011
            Pins 2,3 and pin 5 is ground barrel

            On Feb 1, 2011, at 18:21, "gerrykav" <gerryk777@...> wrote:

            Thanks, I thought that might be the case.
            Now... I don't suppose anyone has the pinout off the top of their heads? I did have a look around and couldn't find any reference to it.
            regards
            Gerry EI8DRB

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Larry Simon <kc7qjo@...> wrote:

            > ---- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@...> wrote:
            > > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:22 AM, gerrykav <gerryk777@...> wrote:
            > > > Would it be possible to convert it to the Kenwood connector, preferably non-destructively, as I do intend to retrieve the T2 at some stage.
            > >
            > > I would guess it would be as simple as making a 3 wire DB9-2.5mm
            > > stereo cable to adapt the physical connection. A "standard" Kenwood
            > > GPS cable should do the trick.
            > >
            > > -Jason
            > > kg4wsv
            >
            > This is how I have mine setup and it works fine.
            > --
            > Larry Simon
            > KC7QJO

          • gerrykav