Re: [tracker2] Changed my Car for Mobile Ops

  • Pete Lilja
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2011
      Thanks, Mike!

      Pete

      On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Michael Kaufman <captmick@...> wrote:

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Michael Jonathan Kaufman <captmick@...>
      Date: January 27, 2011 9:22:34 PM CST
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Changed my Car for Mobile Ops

      Hi Pete:

      I have had the same problem and I wanted to let you know that Garmin makes an extension cable about 6 feet long and has a female mini USB on one end and a Male on the other.  I will have to dig into my archive and find the part number and will get it to you.

      Mike

      WB9SLI

      On Jan 27, 2011, at 5:01 PM, Pete Lilja wrote:

      All,

      I just bought a new car and am in the process of re-mounting my Alinco DR-135, T2-135 and Nuvi 350.  These new cars sure aren't built with the Ham operator in mind and radio equipment mounting.

      At least temporarily I am going to have a really long run between the radio and the Nuvi.  With that I'll need a longer Garmin 010-10813-00 Mini-B Data Cable.  Is there any reason I simply cannot make a cable with the appropriate DB9s on it?  I'm probably going to add 6 feet or so just so I know there will be enough with plenty of slack.

      Thanks for any help,

      Pete
      KC0GPB