Nuvi 350 and gtrans cable problem

  • DavidT
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 27, 2011
      My Nuvi 350 doesn't like the Gtgrans cable. It keeps telling me the serial accessory is not supported and won't send info to the radio. I'm running a D-710 currently. At first this was an intermittent problem and when I tapped ok on the message window the problem go away. Now in the last day or so it keeps giving me that message and after clearing
      the message the GPS still isn't sending to the radio. Has anyone else experienced this? Dave NØXBN
    • Bob Poortinga
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 27, 2011
        "DavidT" <dthege@...> writes:

        > My Nuvi 350 doesn't like the Gtrans cable.

        Do you have power applied to the Nuvi through the USB connector on
        the side of unit? It won't work without it.

        --
        Bob Poortinga K9SQL <http://www.linkedin.com/in/bobpoortinga>
        Bloomington, Indiana US
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 27, 2011
          "the serial accessory is not supported" is also caused when the sense resistor in the cable is out of value range..  this can be caused by a bad cable, or perhaps the connector on the side of the gps has come loose due to strain?

          On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Bob Poortinga <bobp+yahoo@...> wrote:
          "DavidT" <dthege@...> writes:

          > My Nuvi 350 doesn't like the Gtrans cable.

          Do you have power applied to the Nuvi through the USB connector on
          the side of unit?  It won't work without it.

          --
          Bob Poortinga  K9SQL        <http://www.linkedin.com/in/bobpoortinga>
          Bloomington, Indiana  US

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
             tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • DavidT
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 27, 2011
            I have made sure the connector was pressed in all the way and it still does it. It has done this ever since I bought them. Before it was periodic now it does all the time. I am running it on the side connector. THe GPS runs off the Cradle. Dave N0XBN

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 27, 2011
              On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:17 PM, DavidT <dthege@...> wrote:

              > I am running it on  the side connector.

              What is "it"?

              > THe GPS runs off the Cradle. Dave N0XBN

              "What does the GPS runs off the Cradle" mean?

              Are you powering the GPS via the cradle? Did you read this in the
              previous replies to your query?

              >> Do you have power applied to the Nuvi through the USB connector on
              >> the side of unit? It won't work without it.

              I don't play with these devices, but you need to pay attention to the details...

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 28, 2011
                Does wiggling the cable do anything?

                Scott

                On 1/27/2011 9:11 AM, DavidT wrote:
                > My Nuvi 350 doesn't like the Gtgrans cable. It keeps telling me the
                > serial accessory is not supported and won't send info to the radio. I'm
                > running a D-710 currently. At first this was an intermittent problem and
                > when I tapped ok on the message window the problem go away. Now in the
                > last day or so it keeps giving me that message and after clearing
                > the message the GPS still isn't sending to the radio. Has anyone else
                > experienced this? Dave NØXBN

              • Dave Thege
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 28, 2011

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 28, 2011
                    When I get the message and I clear it and the D710 isn't showing the GPS blinking I wiggle the cable and/or wiggle the connector it gives me the error msg agaiin. It' strange because yesterday when I went out it worked at first after I started the jeep. Then after about ten minutes of driving around town it started acting up again. Dave

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 30, 2011
                      Hmm... if you want to send it in I'll take a look at it and repair or
                      replace it.

                      Scott

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 31, 2011
                        I looked at it last night and the metal inside the the plastic will move
                        around. Where do I need to send it to you at.
                        Dave NØXBN

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 31, 2011
                          Argent Data Systems
                          543 W. Betteravia Rd. Ste H
                          Santa Maria, CA 93455

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 31, 2011
                            Will get it out in Tuesday's mail. Thanks, Dave