Re: Can't stop OTUSB from kissing - help!

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2011
      Wow,
      Mine receives as good as my KPC9612+. As soon as I hooked it up it started decoding a fringe digi that I usually don't receive.

      I found that when using volume to control, setting RX on 1X then set the volume on Noise so the Receive level bar just pegs. It then decodes great. When valid tones are received the level bar drops below max, sometimes below 50%.

      With my low level(100mv)fixed audio radio, I tried all gain settings, 4X just pegged the RXbar on noise. When valid tones were received it dropped to as low as 50%. It decodes great.

      Alan

    • clayj@nwlink.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 11, 2011
        Hi - not sure if this is the right place to post or not....

        I have one of the early Weather Station "betas" that we're finally getting
        around to powering up; and we're not able to get audio out of it. It will
        key the transmitter just fine; but there's no audio.

        Have there been any firmware or hardware changes we should be aware of?
        Or special things to look for in the config file?

        Thanks!

        Clay Jackson
        N7QNM
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 11, 2011
          Well, the TX audio level setting is the most obvious. Also try setting
          DIP switches 1 and 2 to turn up the audio level.

          Scott

        • clayj@nwlink.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 11, 2011
            OK - I THINK we have the audio levels right; we'll try the DIP switches
            next (the "hardware" guy is the one who's been working on this - I haven't
            actually seen it since he got it all connected up).

            Thanks!

            Clay

            > Well, the TX audio level setting is the most obvious. Also try setting
            > DIP switches 1 and 2 to turn up the audio level.
            >
            > Scott
            >
            > On 1/11/2011 7:40 AM, clayj@... wrote:
            >> Hi - not sure if this is the right place to post or not....
            >>
            >> I have one of the early Weather Station "betas" that we're finally
            >> getting
            >> around to powering up; and we're not able to get audio out of it. It
            >> will
            >> key the transmitter just fine; but there's no audio.
            >>
            >> Have there been any firmware or hardware changes we should be aware of?
            >> Or special things to look for in the config file?
            >>
            >> Thanks!
            >>
            >> Clay Jackson
            >> N7QNM

          • larry
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 12, 2011
              I think I had the same problem with no audio at first .

              Make sure that in the config setup the APRS/Voice schedule boxes have the APRS boxes all checked. If you want the voice announcements you need to load the other file.

              There is a WS1 yahoo group.

              Larry WT9M