Re: [tracker2] Can't stop OTUSB from kissing - help!

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2011
      Does the soldering look OK on the LED? Those things are kind of weird,
      4 leads on an 0805 package.

      Is the audio source you're using a fixed level, like a data port output,
      or adjustable like a speaker output?

      Scott

      On 1/3/2011 9:15 AM, Thomas Krahn wrote:
      > On 01/03/2011 11:01 AM, Scott Miller wrote:
      >> The RX gain should be set so that the packet audio level is as close to
      >> full-scale as possible without going over.
      > Thanks, this is really a very helpful tool.
      > I've set the RX gain to 4x and reduced the volume slightly.
      > Now I have a few packets coming through and displaying on the console or
      > in Xastir.
      > However as compared to my OT1+ the sensitivity seems to be worse on the
      > OTUSB.
      >
      >> Does the green LED blink when it's first turned on, or when it resets?
      >>
      > Nope. I've never ever seen the green LED light up since I turned it on
      > the first time.
      > First I thought that there was only a red LED but after getting a
      > magnification glass I noticed it has 4 pins and two black dots behind
      > its lens.
      >
      > Thomas
      > AE5VN

    • Alan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2011
        Wow,
        Mine receives as good as my KPC9612+. As soon as I hooked it up it started decoding a fringe digi that I usually don't receive.

        I found that when using volume to control, setting RX on 1X then set the volume on Noise so the Receive level bar just pegs. It then decodes great. When valid tones are received the level bar drops below max, sometimes below 50%.

        With my low level(100mv)fixed audio radio, I tried all gain settings, 4X just pegged the RXbar on noise. When valid tones were received it dropped to as low as 50%. It decodes great.

        Alan

      • clayj@nwlink.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 11, 2011
          Hi - not sure if this is the right place to post or not....

          I have one of the early Weather Station "betas" that we're finally getting
          around to powering up; and we're not able to get audio out of it. It will
          key the transmitter just fine; but there's no audio.

          Have there been any firmware or hardware changes we should be aware of?
          Or special things to look for in the config file?

          Thanks!

          Clay Jackson
          N7QNM
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 11, 2011
            Well, the TX audio level setting is the most obvious. Also try setting
            DIP switches 1 and 2 to turn up the audio level.

            Scott

          • clayj@nwlink.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 11, 2011
              OK - I THINK we have the audio levels right; we'll try the DIP switches
              next (the "hardware" guy is the one who's been working on this - I haven't
              actually seen it since he got it all connected up).

              Thanks!

              Clay

              > Well, the TX audio level setting is the most obvious. Also try setting
              > DIP switches 1 and 2 to turn up the audio level.
              >
              > Scott
              >
              > On 1/11/2011 7:40 AM, clayj@... wrote:
              >> Hi - not sure if this is the right place to post or not....
              >>
              >> I have one of the early Weather Station "betas" that we're finally
              >> getting
              >> around to powering up; and we're not able to get audio out of it. It
              >> will
              >> key the transmitter just fine; but there's no audio.
              >>
              >> Have there been any firmware or hardware changes we should be aware of?
              >> Or special things to look for in the config file?
              >>
              >> Thanks!
              >>
              >> Clay Jackson
              >> N7QNM

            • larry
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 12, 2011
                I think I had the same problem with no audio at first .

                Make sure that in the config setup the APRS/Voice schedule boxes have the APRS boxes all checked. If you want the voice announcements you need to load the other file.

                There is a WS1 yahoo group.

                Larry WT9M