Red led

  • bridgetdog3
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
      Scott;
      I got the OT2 put together and it workled fine all night. I just
      noticed that the led is now red and won't respond to anything. Unplug
      and plug in power and still red light. No communications either. Is
      there something that I can look for?

      Thanks
      Todd WD6DFH
    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
        Hmm, that probably means the oscillator isn't starting properly.  Check the crystal and the capacitors next to it, as well as the two resistors (100k and 10m, I think) nearby.  Make sure the leads are nice and short, and that there's no flux or anything between the pads.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
          Checked all the joints and touched them up to make shure and no change.

          todd

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
            Todd,

            Make sure that C15 & C16 are installed correctly. They should be
            installed parallel to U2 (processor). When I built mine, I got them
            in wrong and it was nasty trying to get them out and reinstalled
            correctly. Mine wouldn't run at all with them in wrong so this may
            not be your problem.

            Mark

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "gt" <boogerdog@...> wrote:

            > Checked all the joints and touched them up to make shure and no
            change.

            > todd

          • gt
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 8, 2006
              Thanks Mark. I did check them and they are in where they should be. It was working for about fifteen hours before I noticed the led was red. The xtal is most likely gone if that is the problem. Am trying to find a place to get another one but not having much luck.