Re: Success with Proto C

  • mulveyraa2
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2006
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <scott@...> wrote:

      > Last time I checked current draw on the bench, it was 10 or 12 mA.
      The NMEA
      > waypoint output should be compatible with the Avmap - someone else
      said they
      > had it working, anyway. I've been trying to talk the Avmap people into
      > adding some hooks to support more features like the Garmins, but no
      luck so
      > far.

      Sounds good. Now, a couple of more questions. :-)

      I have the OT2 configured to send out the counter, but the value
      isn't incrementing with each transmission. Firmware bug?

      Secondly - any suggestions for wiring up the high-side switch
      inside the Ot2? Specifically - do the land patterns match a standard
      connector? Or are people just soldering heavy wires directly to the
      PC board?

      Thanks!

      - Rich
    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2006
        It's not supposed to increment with each transmission - it's suppose to increment with each counter input, and optionally reset with each transmission.

        No, the pads don't match any particular device.  You can solder 12 awg wires directly to the board, or you should be able to use #4-40 screws to connect smaller wires.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2006
          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <scott@...> wrote:

          > It's not supposed to increment with each transmission - it's suppose to
          > increment with each counter input, and optionally reset with each
          > transmission.

          Ah, ok. I had this vague memory of someone mentioning in the past
          that they had used the counter value as an indication of which packets
          hadn't been received, and assumed it was an auto-incrementing counter.

          - Rich
        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 8, 2006
            Someone did implement that on the OpenTracker.  It's not a standard option yet.

            Scott