Re: [tracker2] Garmin 350 Firmware Update?

  • Mark Cheavens
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2010
      I haven't used the updater in about a year, mine works fine - If there is an update in the last 12 months that has broke something, it has not been posted here!

      Mark
      At 05:14 PM 12/10/2010, you wrote:

      I just picked up a Garmin 350 on eBay that I plan to use with my T2-135,
      and was wondering if it's advisable to update the firmware on the 350 to
      the latest available from Garmin.

      The software version on the 350 is 5.00, with Audio version 1.80 and GPS
      software version 3.00.

      I haven't checked yet, but I assume later software is available from
      Garmin's support site, and since the fact that the 350 even works with
      APRS is sort of a fluke, I want to make sure that Garmin hasn't "fixed"
      it in a later rev, leaving me with a unit that's unusable for APRS after
      the update.

      Thanks in advance,

      Gary Sanders WB0BZR
    • brentlz
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10, 2010
        I'm running v6.20 firmware on a couple Nuvi 350's (with latest ?2.90 voice files) and haven't noticed anything "broken" when using OT2m, T2135, or GTRANS cable...YMMV

        Brent / KE7JGM

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Gary Sanders <yahoomail3847@...> wrote:

        > I just picked up a Garmin 350 on eBay that I plan to use with my T2-135,
        > and was wondering if it's advisable to update the firmware on the 350 to
        > the latest available from Garmin.
        >
        > The software version on the 350 is 5.00, with Audio version 1.80 and GPS
        > software version 3.00.
        >
        > I haven't checked yet, but I assume later software is available from
        > Garmin's support site, and since the fact that the 350 even works with
        > APRS is sort of a fluke, I want to make sure that Garmin hasn't "fixed"
        > it in a later rev, leaving me with a unit that's unusable for APRS after
        > the update.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Gary Sanders WB0BZR

      • Gary Sanders
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 2010
          On 12/10/2010 9:15 PM, brentlz wrote:
          > I'm running v6.20 firmware on a couple Nuvi 350's (with latest ?2.90
          > voice files) and haven't noticed anything "broken" when using OT2m,
          > T2135, or GTRANS cable...YMMV
          >
          > Brent / KE7JGM

          Thanks Mark and Brent for the info. After receiving your messages, I
          updated it this evening to V6.20 (still the most current).

          I've got a cable on order, and will let everyone know if I run into any
          issues.

          Thanks again,

          Gary Sanders WB0BZR