DR135 Clone

  • Pete Lilja
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2010
      I've got two DR135s with T2135 boards installed.  I'm trying to clone my first radio in the newer slave radio without any luck.  The Master indicates that it is sending data to the slave but the slave gives no indication it it receiving (the LD*** does NOT appear).

      I know this is not an Alinco DR135 group  - I'm just thinking that there are a number of DR135 users here that may have successfully (or not) cloned their radios).

      Thanks,

      Pete
      KC0GPB
    • Pete Lilja
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2010
        Well, I dumbed my way in to this.

        After I sent that message it occurred to me that the manual for the Alinco DR-135 said set the slave radio to receive (either memory or VFO).  I had done that but then it seemed to me that with the T2-135 installed in the slave radio (with the WIDE enabled (I'm not sure if that matters)) perhaps the T2-135 was attempting to do something with the data being received from the Master radio.  So, I removed the T2-135 from the slave radio and made the clone connection.  Lo and behold it cloned the radio just as designed.

        I may not have needed to remove the T2-135 board from the slave but I did and it worked.

        BTW - I used a 1 foot long 3.5mm mini stereo cable from Radio Shack to make the connection between the radios.  It was less expensive to buy the pre-made cable than purchase the components (since I had none to use).

        Pete
        KC0GPB

        On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Pete Lilja <plilja@...> wrote:
        I've got two DR135s with T2135 boards installed.  I'm trying to clone my first radio in the newer slave radio without any luck.  The Master indicates that it is sending data to the slave but the slave gives no indication it it receiving (the LD*** does NOT appear).

        I know this is not an Alinco DR135 group  - I'm just thinking that there are a number of DR135 users here that may have successfully (or not) cloned their radios).

        Thanks,

        Pete
        KC0GPB

      • Rudy Benner
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2010
          There are a few ‘features’ that you lose with the installation of the T2-135, live with it.

          Nice having a digi that you can control remotely. Mine is KELSO. Hope to get it higher sometime soon.

          VE3BDR

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2010
            Oh, yeah.  I've been living with the half-dead mic controls on my other radio for a couple of years now.  The DR135 / T2135 such a terrific rig combination otherwise it's worth the li'l bit of inconvenience.

            I do like the remote control of the T2 stuff.  It's fun to send RF messages and make them respond. I particularly like having the temp. and voltage messaged from the OT2M digi I have running off a battery in my unheated garage.

            Pete
            KC0GPB

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 30, 2010
              How did you tie in the temperature sensor, I know how to do it with the OT2m, but not with the T2-135.

              Rudy

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 30, 2010
                The temp and voltage are running via the OT2M on a different radio in the garage.  I don't believe temp / voltage is supported on the T2-135

                Pete

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 30, 2010
                  You can put a DS18S20 on the 1-wire bus and set EXTTEMP ON to get a
                  temperature reading on the T2-135.

                  Scott

                  On 11/30/2010 6:36 PM, Pete Lilja wrote:
                  > The temp and voltage are running via the OT2M on a different radio in
                  > the garage. I don't believe temp / voltage is supported on the T2-135
                  >
                  > Pete
                  >
                  > On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Rudy Benner <benner@...
                  > <mailto:benner@...>> wrote:
                  >
                  > How did you tie in the temperature sensor, I know how to do it with
                  > the OT2m, but not with the T2-135.
                  > Rudy

                • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 1, 2010
                    I've read elsewhere that the T2-135 needs to be removed and the original
                    straight-through jumper from the radio to the DB9 on the back in order
                    for cloning to work. YMMV and I"m only spreading hearsay, but it might
                    work.

                    Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T2-135 as KJ4OVQ-9