Re: Firmware build 54030

  • KB4YTM
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 4, 2006
      Hey Scott,

      When this is available, will it do both kiss mode AND 1-wire wx at the
      same time?

      Thanks
      Richard
      KB4YTM

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <scott@...> wrote:

      > Nope. That's next.
      >
      > Scott
      >

      > _____

      Behalf

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 4, 2006
        Yeah.  Does Peet Bros and KISS at the same time now.  Once I get the 1-wire stuff ported, you should be able to do 1-wire weather, KISS, digipeating, and tracking with waypoint output (or console mode) at the same time.  Not that many people use mobile weather stations, but there are a few.

        Scott

        When this is available, will it do both kiss mode AND 1-wire wx at the
        same time?

        Thanks
        Richard
        KB4YTM

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, <scott@...> wrote:

        > Nope. That's next.
        >
        > Scott
        >

        > _____

      • EM Sharp
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 25, 2006
          Should I be looking for a hardware problem?
          My OT2 while running on build 54030 gives a Temp of B9C when the Temp
          Offset is set to 16. With other settings the display is also not what
          I would expect.

          Should I be looking for a hardware problem or is there a problem with
          the firmware and/or configuration program?

          Is there a way (Command or otherwise) of setting the offset from
          Command Mode without going back to the Configuration program?

          I am still running with the release B values in the filter for the
          2211 decoder and the unit is not doing too well and is VERY sensitive
          to audio level. Are the values given in the 9/10/2006 Tracker2
          Revision the best current ones to be used? In other words, should I
          update the card with these components to improve decode?

          Elmer
        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 27, 2006
            Yeah, that's weird.  Did you check the voltage on the temperature sensor?  It should read 10 mV per kelvin, so at room temperature it should be around 2.9 volts.

            I could have sworn I added a temperature offset command - I'm going to have to go check on that.

            Do you have a 5.1k or 51k resistor installed on the 2211?  Is your board a B or C?  Have you tried tuning it using an external audio source, like the APRS TNC test CD?  You can use the alternating tones to set the demodulator to 50% duty cycle.

            Scott

            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 28, 2006
              Scott:
              1) My problem on the temp sensor. I installed it backwards, my glasses
              must have been dirty -- shame on me. I think I fried it because it now
              produces 1.5 v at room temp. I'll order a fresh one in my next batch of
              stuff.
              2) Can't help you on this one. If the command is there to set temp
              offset, I haven't found it in the command file -- maybe I just don't
              know what name to look for.
              3) I have a 4.7K resistor installed in the 2211 circuit (as R8). My
              board is a reasonably early B version. I have replaced the C1 cap which
              was .1 uf with a .01 cap. Decode is working much better. Can I use the
              CALIBRATE ALT function with the jumper set for loop back (JP1-2+3) as a
              50% duty cycle until I get a CD or some other source of audio. Maybe I
              should just use another TNC in calibrate mode as the data source -- I
              have TINY2's, AEA PK96's, and TAPR2 clones all of which produce
              alternating tones. A 'scope to observe is no problem for me. I will
              get a CD however when I can get around to it.
              -----
              (((
              I am having a bit of a problem setting the deviation level on the
              OpenTracker 1. What is the recommended method of keying it up to
              measure the deviation produced by the radio (HT, Mobile or whatever)? We
              are running several of these and some of them are not being decoded as
              reliably as I would like by TNC's with 2211's in them.
              )))

              Elmer