Re: [tracker2] Switching Profiles

  • hamer669@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 29, 2010

      If at any time you send the T2 a --profile command, it will tell you the profile it is using.

      When I was testing it, I added a "P1" to profile 1 and "P2" to profile two.  You can also tell the T2 to send an outgoing message every time the profile changes.  This way you can check findu.com or aprs.fi logs to see if it is switching profiles.

      I have heavily tested the profile switching routines in the 55506 version and was unable to break it; It works very well.  Just make sure you pay attention to the checkbox that says something like "Switch when ANY condition is met" or "Switch when ALL conditions are met".

      Ultimately, my setup does not require profile switching.  I have the second profile setup as a low voltage profile so if I ever leave it on and the battery voltage drops below 12 volts, position reports are sent every 3 hours instead of every 1 hour.  I have configured it so while in low voltage mode, the power to the radio is cut and only remains on for 2 minutes after the position report.  This way if I want to send it a remote command, all I have to do is look at the last position report, and be sure to send the command 2 hours after the last position report.

      As it is setup, it will run the GPS and the tracker2 for a couple days before it goes into power save mode.  In power save mode, it will run for a nearly a week without starting the engine.