RE: [tracker2] Re: Terminal program for Win Vista/7?

  • Fred Hillhouse Jr
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 28, 2010

      I use the PE version too. For basic ASCII, it is simple to setup and use. But I also use others as well. It seems that every one has something unique to it which makes many useful. A relatively new kid on the block is FoxTERM.

      Best regards,

      Fred

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 28, 2010
        Keith,

        No offense taken. Often the usability of software depends on your way of working. I find that for my needs, it works perfectly. I have several of the others suggested here. Even after allowing/forcing myself to use them for a few weeks, I always drift back to Hyperterm for its simplicity in doing what I need. Your mileage will vary. ;)

        73s,

        Alan
        WA4SCA
      • Steve Schwarm, W3EVE
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 29, 2010
          I have been a long time putty user but I have problems with it loosing its serial connection. TeraTerm V4.67 works MUCH BETTER in that regard. I have run it for days without loosing the connection. Someday I'd like to figure out why putty has this problem because I like its interface better than TeraTerm.

          Steve

          On 11/27/2010 10:23 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

          I use TeraTerm V4.66. I just found V4.67 was released when I looked for
          the forum link at http://logmett.com/forum/index.php

          Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ