Re: [tracker2] Progress

  • Jason Rausch
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2006
      Scott, am I missing somthing or has KISS be taken out
      of the current .s19? I tried to configure for KISS
      and could'nt find an option on the config program.
      Then I tried a web load to just flash the KISS only
      .s19 and saw that it was gone. Am I just missing
      somthing?

      Jason KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics
      www.rpc-electronics.com

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2006
        KISS should be right next to the callsign field - make sure you've got the
        latest config. There's no more separate version, it's just a config option.

        I've got some numeric options working now (txinterval, txdelay, pwrdelay,
        rearm, quiet, dupetime) but no conversions yet, so everything's in native
        units, and for some reason the thing just stops taking commands sometimes.
        I think something's up with the packet FIFO, but I'm not sure yet.

        Scott

      • Curt, WE7U
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
          On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 scott@... wrote:

          > Got a basic command processor going... you can send a message to the T2, and
          > use the 'set' command to set most of the on/off parameters. The syntax is
          > SET <parameter> <on/off>.

          Are you telling me that I'll finally be able to configure one of
          your devices from a non-Windows box? Even if I have to script it
          via xastir_udp_client commands, I don't care, as long as I can do it
          without having to scrounge for a Windows box. It sounds like I'll
          have to do the initial config via a Windows box though, unless there
          will be a default setup that I can talk over RF (doubtful).

          I tried to reconfigure a friend's opentracker at my house last week.
          I brought up a Win98 laptop and ran the config program. It came up
          with some error like "MFC4.dll not present". Something like that.
          So I failed to configure his tracker and he's still running a year
          or two old path like "RELAY,WIDE2-2" because of it.

        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
            Yeah, that's the idea. How old was the load on that laptop? I thought
            everyone had mfc42.dll by now...

            Scott

          • Curt, WE7U
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
              On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 scott@... wrote:

              > Yeah, that's the idea. How old was the load on that laptop? I thought
              > everyone had mfc42.dll by now...

              It was W98 (non-se) directly off CD. Freshly loaded. Remember that
              I'm not a Windows weenie. Getting Linux on that laptop was my first
              priority. Of course it has that too. It's an old Cryix 200 laptop,
              so I don't want anything newer/bloatier on it windows-wise.

            • scott@opentrac.org
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 15, 2006
                I've got Peet Bros weather station support working on both serial ports -
                needs a little more work to keep from getting confused if it's getting both
                NMEA and Wx. Anyone got an Ultimeter 2000 series to hook up for testing?

                I'm trying to come up with a low part count, adjustable sensitivity logic
                level interface for the piezo motion sensor. Not really sure what the best
                approach to this is, since it needs to detect millivolt level signals, but
                if you thump the sensor it can generate tens of volts and blast a FET gate.

                Scott
              • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 16, 2006
                  zeiner diode clamp?
                  Wes

                  On 10/15/06, scott@... <scott@...> wrote:

                  I've got Peet Bros weather station support working on both serial ports -
                  needs a little more work to keep from getting confused if it's getting both
                  NMEA and Wx. Anyone got an Ultimeter 2000 series to hook up for testing?

                  I'm trying to come up with a low part count, adjustable sensitivity logic
                  level interface for the piezo motion sensor. Not really sure what the best
                  approach to this is, since it needs to detect millivolt level signals, but
                  if you thump the sensor it can generate tens of volts and blast a FET gate.

                  Where there's silence, there is no Hope.
                • k0yg
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 16, 2006
                    Hi Scott,

                    I have a Peet Brothers 2000 that is up and running. It doesn't have
                    the optional humidity sensor. All I need to do is plug it in to the T2.

                    Mark

                  • scott@opentrac.org
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 16, 2006
                      Yeah, that was my first thought... I was hoping I could do it in fewer parts.  I've tested it with a JFET and haven't managed to destroy it yet, but I'm not sure if it's sensitive enough.  I need to solder together a test apparatus - my breadboard is too sensitive to motion even without the sensor plugged in.

                      Scott

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 16, 2006
                        Cool, I'll post an update this week.  The tricky part right now is getting the parsers to figure out what sort of data is coming in on each port, and to make sure the parser state machines don't get screwed up by data from the other port when there's not enough memory to allocate a state machine for each parser+port combination.

                        The good news is that once I get it sorted out, you won't have to tell it what port the weather station, GPS receiver, or whatever is going to be hooked up to.  It'll just figure it out on its own.  I'm also going to try an autobaud algorithm, so with some luck you won't even need to tell it what baud rate to expect.