Progress

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2006
      Got a basic command processor going... you can send a message to the T2, and
      use the 'set' command to set most of the on/off parameters. The syntax is
      SET <parameter> <on/off>. Actually, 'on' is the only thing that matters -
      anything besides 'on' equates to 'off'. Commands so far:

      SMARTBCON
      ALTITUDE
      VELOCITY
      TIMESTAMP
      GPSDATA
      PTTINPUT
      TIMESLOT (Doesn't set the slot number yet)
      COMPRESS
      TEMP
      VOLTAGE
      REQALL
      TXONCHG
      POWERCTL
      OUTPUT1
      OUTPUT2
      CNTRESET
      CDINVERT
      SHAREDPTT
      TXNOFIX
      TELEMETRY
      GARMIN
      CUSTSYM
      KISS
      DIGI
      SWDCD
      COMMENT (followed by comment text)

      I'll document these all later, but they correspond directly to checkboxes in
      the config program. Authorization is still based on callsign list, and I
      haven't got that in the config program yet, so until I get that done none of
      this is going to do much good.

      Some of the parameters don't really make sense for remote configuration
      (CDINVERT and CUSTSYM for instance) but they're in the command table anyway,
      because eventually it'll use the same table for local configuration commands
      - you'll be able to enter the commands from a terminal or from a simple
      config program.

      There's no way to see current settings yet, but I'm working on that.

      Scott
    • Jason Rausch
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2006
        Scott, am I missing somthing or has KISS be taken out
        of the current .s19? I tried to configure for KISS
        and could'nt find an option on the config program.
        Then I tried a web load to just flash the KISS only
        .s19 and saw that it was gone. Am I just missing
        somthing?

        Jason KE4NYV
        RPC Electronics
        www.rpc-electronics.com

      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2006
          KISS should be right next to the callsign field - make sure you've got the
          latest config. There's no more separate version, it's just a config option.

          I've got some numeric options working now (txinterval, txdelay, pwrdelay,
          rearm, quiet, dupetime) but no conversions yet, so everything's in native
          units, and for some reason the thing just stops taking commands sometimes.
          I think something's up with the packet FIFO, but I'm not sure yet.

          Scott

        • Curt, WE7U
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
            On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 scott@... wrote:

            > Got a basic command processor going... you can send a message to the T2, and
            > use the 'set' command to set most of the on/off parameters. The syntax is
            > SET <parameter> <on/off>.

            Are you telling me that I'll finally be able to configure one of
            your devices from a non-Windows box? Even if I have to script it
            via xastir_udp_client commands, I don't care, as long as I can do it
            without having to scrounge for a Windows box. It sounds like I'll
            have to do the initial config via a Windows box though, unless there
            will be a default setup that I can talk over RF (doubtful).

            I tried to reconfigure a friend's opentracker at my house last week.
            I brought up a Win98 laptop and ran the config program. It came up
            with some error like "MFC4.dll not present". Something like that.
            So I failed to configure his tracker and he's still running a year
            or two old path like "RELAY,WIDE2-2" because of it.

          • scott@opentrac.org
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
              Yeah, that's the idea. How old was the load on that laptop? I thought
              everyone had mfc42.dll by now...

              Scott

            • Curt, WE7U
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
                On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 scott@... wrote:

                > Yeah, that's the idea. How old was the load on that laptop? I thought
                > everyone had mfc42.dll by now...

                It was W98 (non-se) directly off CD. Freshly loaded. Remember that
                I'm not a Windows weenie. Getting Linux on that laptop was my first
                priority. Of course it has that too. It's an old Cryix 200 laptop,
                so I don't want anything newer/bloatier on it windows-wise.

              • scott@opentrac.org
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 15, 2006
                  I've got Peet Bros weather station support working on both serial ports -
                  needs a little more work to keep from getting confused if it's getting both
                  NMEA and Wx. Anyone got an Ultimeter 2000 series to hook up for testing?

                  I'm trying to come up with a low part count, adjustable sensitivity logic
                  level interface for the piezo motion sensor. Not really sure what the best
                  approach to this is, since it needs to detect millivolt level signals, but
                  if you thump the sensor it can generate tens of volts and blast a FET gate.

                  Scott
                • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 16, 2006
                    zeiner diode clamp?
                    Wes

                    On 10/15/06, scott@... <scott@...> wrote:

                    I've got Peet Bros weather station support working on both serial ports -
                    needs a little more work to keep from getting confused if it's getting both
                    NMEA and Wx. Anyone got an Ultimeter 2000 series to hook up for testing?

                    I'm trying to come up with a low part count, adjustable sensitivity logic
                    level interface for the piezo motion sensor. Not really sure what the best
                    approach to this is, since it needs to detect millivolt level signals, but
                    if you thump the sensor it can generate tens of volts and blast a FET gate.

                    Where there's silence, there is no Hope.
                  • k0yg
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 16, 2006
                      Hi Scott,

                      I have a Peet Brothers 2000 that is up and running. It doesn't have
                      the optional humidity sensor. All I need to do is plug it in to the T2.

                      Mark

                    • scott@opentrac.org
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 16, 2006
                        Yeah, that was my first thought... I was hoping I could do it in fewer parts.  I've tested it with a JFET and haven't managed to destroy it yet, but I'm not sure if it's sensitive enough.  I need to solder together a test apparatus - my breadboard is too sensitive to motion even without the sensor plugged in.

                        Scott

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 16, 2006
                          Cool, I'll post an update this week.  The tricky part right now is getting the parsers to figure out what sort of data is coming in on each port, and to make sure the parser state machines don't get screwed up by data from the other port when there's not enough memory to allocate a state machine for each parser+port combination.

                          The good news is that once I get it sorted out, you won't have to tell it what port the weather station, GPS receiver, or whatever is going to be hooked up to.  It'll just figure it out on its own.  I'm also going to try an autobaud algorithm, so with some luck you won't even need to tell it what baud rate to expect.