Re: [tracker2] DR-135 cross talk

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 1, 2010
      Scott N1VG wrote...

      > It's a known problem with the DR-135T. Easiest fix is to plug a blank
      > 3.5mm plug into the speaker jack in the back. That'll shut off the
      > speaker entirely.

      I resisted a reply saying "put the wife outside the car" hi! I have the
      same combo, but don't hear any packet "bleeding" into the speaker
      unless I turn the volume up. With it all of the way down, it's completely
      silent. Actually, I don't hear the packet tones at all with the volume
      up. I just hear a click or pop when a packet is received and a quieter
      one at the end of the beacon.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • RJ Stiles
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 26, 2011
        Scott,

        Any updates on support for the Nuvi 1200/1300/1400?

        Thanks,
        KD0FTJ
        Rob

        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 26, 2011
          The T2 still supports the 1200/1300/1400, but Garmin still hasn't fixed
          the bug with the waypoint display.

          Scott

        • rondall swart
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 26, 2011
            thanks for the update I keep sitting here waiting for the day they update
            it. if they ever fix it would you (scott) know right away?

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 27, 2011
              Trust me, I'll let everyone know the minute they fix it!

              Scott

            • kd4dra
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 27, 2011
                THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
                Rick
                KD4DRA

                Trust me, I'll let everyone know the minute they fix it!

                Scott

                On 9/26/2011 5:10 PM, rondall swart wrote:
                > thanks for the update I keep sitting here waiting for the day they update
                > it. if they ever fix it would you (scott) know right away?
                >
                > K7CDL
                > Ron

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Chris Ronk
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 5, 2011
                  The T2 still has many issues with the 1300 that are not Garmin's fault. My buddy and I are having serious message AWK problems.... and there are problems using compressed data packets with the 1300.

                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 6, 2011
                    I've got the compressed packet problem on my list to look into further.
                    If you can reliably reproduce the ACK problem, let me know how. I do
                    see glitches sometimes, but it's hard to duplicate.

                    Scott

                    On 10/5/2011 11:46 PM, Chris Ronk wrote:
                    > The T2 still has many issues with the 1300 that are not Garmin's fault.
                    > My buddy and I are having serious message AWK problems.... and there are
                    > problems using compressed data packets with the 1300.

                  • Chris Ronk
                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 7, 2011
                      It is very easy for me to replicate.  My buddy has a OT2 and a 1300.  I have a OT2 and a 1300.  When we send messages back and forth, 50% of the time, the message is repeated over and over until it is manually deleted.  If any other messages are in the outbox while one of these is hung up, it is not ever transmitted...one must delete all outbox messages and re-send.  I've also noticed some funky messaging issues while in a navigated route...

                      I've got the compressed packet problem on my list to look into further.
                        If you can reliably reproduce the ACK problem, let me know how.  I do
                      see glitches sometimes, but it's hard to duplicate.

                      Scott

                      On 10/5/2011 11:46 PM, Chris Ronk wrote: > The T2 still has many issues with the 1300 that are not Garmin's fault. > My buddy and I are having serious message AWK problems.... and there are > problems using compressed data packets with the 1300. > > -----Original Message----- > From: Scott Miller <scott@... <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>> > To: tracker2 <tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>> > Sent: Tue, Sep 27, 2011 4:06 am > Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: Garmin FMI updates > > Trust me, I'll let everyone know the minute they fix it! > > Scott > > On 9/26/2011 5:10 PM, rondall swart wrote: > > thanks for the update I keep sitting here waiting for the day they update > > it. if they ever fix it would you (scott) know right away? > > > > K7CDL > > Ron > > ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: tracker2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • Chris Ronk
                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 26, 2011
                        Any response to this?  I can easily replicate the problem and send you the output if you like.

                        Message 11 of 25 , Oct 28, 2011
                          Hi Chris,

                          It's still on my list to check out.

                          As for the message queue, there's only so much I can do through FMI to
                          control the unit's behavior. They didn't design the protocol with any
                          thought to multiple message destinations.

                          Scott

                          On 10/26/2011 9:49 AM, Chris Ronk wrote:
                          > Any response to this? I can easily replicate the problem and send you
                          > the output if you like.

                        • Chris Ronk
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 2, 2011
                            I very much appreciate the update.  This is the third time the issue has come up, and thrice I heard "I can't duplicate it", and thrice I've said "It's easy to duplicate."  It's a lot easier to hear "I haven't gotten to it yet" than another "I can't replicate it". ;)