Re: [tracker2] DR-135 cross talk

  • Rudy Benner
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 1, 2010
      Pack her bag.

      ve3bdr

      Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 11:56 AM
      Subject: [tracker2] DR-135 cross talk

      I've got an Alinco DR-135t/T2-135 and a Byonics GPSR feeding port b, and I'm getting this cross talk noise from the speaker. If I unplug the GPSR, it goes away. The volume is turned down all the way, and I even put an external speaker jack in the rear, but that didn't quite it.

      It's annoying to the point that my better half will not let me have the radio on while she is in the car.

      Anybody know a fix for this?

      Thanks,

      -Chris

      No virus found in this message.

    • Fred Hillhouse
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 1, 2010
        She wouldn't like riding in my car. I have the radio up just enough to hear packets. Maybe you should turn up the volume so packets can be heard as well. Of course it would be nice not the hear anything at all.

        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 1, 2010
          It's a known problem with the DR-135T. Easiest fix is to plug a blank
          3.5mm plug into the speaker jack in the back. That'll shut off the
          speaker entirely.

          Scott

          On 11/1/2010 8:56 AM, Greenhalgh, Christopher K. wrote:
          > I've got an Alinco DR-135t/T2-135 and a Byonics GPSR feeding port b, and
          > I'm getting this cross talk noise from the speaker. If I unplug the
          > GPSR, it goes away. The volume is turned down all the way, and I even
          > put an external speaker jack in the rear, but that didn't quite it.
          >
          > It's annoying to the point that my better half will not let me have the
          > radio on while she is in the car.
          >
          > Anybody know a fix for this?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > -Chris

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 1, 2010
            Scott N1VG wrote...

            > It's a known problem with the DR-135T. Easiest fix is to plug a blank
            > 3.5mm plug into the speaker jack in the back. That'll shut off the
            > speaker entirely.

            I resisted a reply saying "put the wife outside the car" hi! I have the
            same combo, but don't hear any packet "bleeding" into the speaker
            unless I turn the volume up. With it all of the way down, it's completely
            silent. Actually, I don't hear the packet tones at all with the volume
            up. I just hear a click or pop when a packet is received and a quieter
            one at the end of the beacon.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
          • RJ Stiles
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 26 1:08 PM
              Scott,

              Any updates on support for the Nuvi 1200/1300/1400?

              Thanks,
              KD0FTJ
              Rob

              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 26 4:47 PM
                The T2 still supports the 1200/1300/1400, but Garmin still hasn't fixed
                the bug with the waypoint display.

                Scott

              • rondall swart
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 26 5:10 PM
                  thanks for the update I keep sitting here waiting for the day they update
                  it. if they ever fix it would you (scott) know right away?

                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 27 8:06 AM
                    Trust me, I'll let everyone know the minute they fix it!

                    Scott

                  • kd4dra
                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 27 4:35 PM
                      THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
                      Rick
                      KD4DRA

                      Trust me, I'll let everyone know the minute they fix it!

                      Scott

                      On 9/26/2011 5:10 PM, rondall swart wrote:
                      > thanks for the update I keep sitting here waiting for the day they update
                      > it. if they ever fix it would you (scott) know right away?
                      >
                      > K7CDL
                      > Ron

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Chris Ronk
                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 5, 2011
                        The T2 still has many issues with the 1300 that are not Garmin's fault. My buddy and I are having serious message AWK problems.... and there are problems using compressed data packets with the 1300.

                        Message 11 of 25 , Oct 6, 2011
                          I've got the compressed packet problem on my list to look into further.
                          If you can reliably reproduce the ACK problem, let me know how. I do
                          see glitches sometimes, but it's hard to duplicate.

                          Scott

                          On 10/5/2011 11:46 PM, Chris Ronk wrote:
                          > The T2 still has many issues with the 1300 that are not Garmin's fault.
                          > My buddy and I are having serious message AWK problems.... and there are
                          > problems using compressed data packets with the 1300.

                        • Chris Ronk
                          Message 12 of 25 , Oct 7, 2011
                            It is very easy for me to replicate.  My buddy has a OT2 and a 1300.  I have a OT2 and a 1300.  When we send messages back and forth, 50% of the time, the message is repeated over and over until it is manually deleted.  If any other messages are in the outbox while one of these is hung up, it is not ever transmitted...one must delete all outbox messages and re-send.  I've also noticed some funky messaging issues while in a navigated route...

                            I've got the compressed packet problem on my list to look into further.
                              If you can reliably reproduce the ACK problem, let me know how.  I do
                            see glitches sometimes, but it's hard to duplicate.

                            Scott

                            On 10/5/2011 11:46 PM, Chris Ronk wrote: > The T2 still has many issues with the 1300 that are not Garmin's fault. > My buddy and I are having serious message AWK problems.... and there are > problems using compressed data packets with the 1300. > > -----Original Message----- > From: Scott Miller <scott@... <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>> > To: tracker2 <tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>> > Sent: Tue, Sep 27, 2011 4:06 am > Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: Garmin FMI updates > > Trust me, I'll let everyone know the minute they fix it! > > Scott > > On 9/26/2011 5:10 PM, rondall swart wrote: > > thanks for the update I keep sitting here waiting for the day they update > > it. if they ever fix it would you (scott) know right away? > > > > K7CDL > > Ron > > ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: tracker2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                          • Chris Ronk
                            Message 13 of 25 , Oct 26, 2011
                              Any response to this?  I can easily replicate the problem and send you the output if you like.

                              Message 14 of 25 , Oct 28, 2011
                                Hi Chris,

                                It's still on my list to check out.

                                As for the message queue, there's only so much I can do through FMI to
                                control the unit's behavior. They didn't design the protocol with any
                                thought to multiple message destinations.

                                Scott

                                On 10/26/2011 9:49 AM, Chris Ronk wrote:
                                > Any response to this? I can easily replicate the problem and send you
                                > the output if you like.

                              • Chris Ronk
                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 2, 2011
                                  I very much appreciate the update.  This is the third time the issue has come up, and thrice I heard "I can't duplicate it", and thrice I've said "It's easy to duplicate."  It's a lot easier to hear "I haven't gotten to it yet" than another "I can't replicate it". ;)