ADS-GM1 +USB port???

  • gervais
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
      scott

      can i connect your GPS on a USB connector on my laptop using an
      USB/Serical cable i could find here in a retail store?

      thanks

      gervais
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
        The USB adapter isn't going to provide power to the ADS-GM1 or GPS 18x.
        You *can* wire it to do so, but it takes some work.

        Scott

        On 10/25/2010 3:57 PM, gervais wrote:

        > scott
        >
        > can i connect your GPS on a USB connector on my laptop using an
        > USB/Serical cable i could find here in a retail store?
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > gervais

      • gervais
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
          ahhhhh
          well i want to go mobile on APRS Scott,with my laptop and KPC3 and radio
          already cabled.
          i thaught of connecting an Usb dapteur to my GPS that i used with the
          Tracker here,,,,,,,,,
          well no luck then

          thanks for the response
          Gervais