Re: [tracker2] Commands to T2

  • Pete Lilja
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2010
      Running which / what compressed?

      I just had it happen again playing around.  This time it was with my fill-in digi and the Nuvi.  2 reports  - one off the west coast of Africa and the second off the west coast of South America.

      Pete

      On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      Yeah.  Are you running in compressed mode?

      Scott

      On 10/6/2010 10:39 AM, Pete Lilja wrote:

      > Yeah.  I think.  You describe what seemed to have happened.
      >
      > I can only guess it plotted incorrectly after hearing from the digi but
      > can't be sure.  If that were the case I'd think it would have shown up
      > online at aprs.fi <http://aprs.fi>.
      >
      > Sending the --bea command thru the Nuvi to the T2-135 and all was
      > correct again.
      >
      > Weird, eh?
      >
      > Pete
      >
      > On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
      >
      >     So you sent a BEACON command with the D7 and the T2-135 responded, and
      >     plotted its own position incorrectly when it was heard back from the
      >     digi - is that right?
      >
      >     Scott
      >
      >     On 10/6/2010 9:12 AM, Pete Lilja wrote:
      >      >
      >      >
      >      > After a few missteps on start-up I now have an OT2M set-up and
      >     running
      >      > as a local fill-in digipeater.  Cool stuff, this is.
      >      >
      >      > I recently was at another ham's shack who had just purchased a
      >     service
      >      > monitor and I was able to see the deviation on his 'scope from my
      >     mobile
      >      > T2-135.  I was happy to see it was spot on.  It got me to realize
      >     that I
      >      > could also see my new fill-in digi the same way from his shack by
      >      > sending it a beacon command via RF.  That's gonna be pretty cool
      >     when I
      >      > get that done.
      >      >
      >      > So, while playing with RF commands using my Kenwood D7 HT I
      >     decided to
      >      > send a beacon command to my Alinco DR-135 equipped with a T2-135
      >     board.
      >      > Oddly, when it responded with a beacon report the connected Nuvi 350
      >      > showed it's position 6300+ miles away.  When beaconing the
      >     Alinco/T2-135
      >      > via the Nuvi it showed the correct position.  The odd-ball position
      >      > report does not appear on APRS.fi however, so I'm thinking the Nuvi
      >      > muffed the data.  Any ideas on this?
      >      >
      >      > Anyway - this remote command stuff is pretty cool.  I sure do
      >     like the
      >      > Argent products and service!
      >      >
      >      > Pete
      >      > KC0GPB as the home fill-in digi, KC0GPB-7 for the mobile T2-135,
      >      > KC0GPB-5 for the Kenwood D7 and KC0GPB-11 in the OT+ for high
      >     altitude
      >      > ballooning.
      >      >
      >      >

      >     <mailto:tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
         tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2010
        Base91 compressed mode... if your position packets have the position
        encoded as a string of 8 characters and not numbers, you're using that mode.

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 2010
          I guess I dunno.

          This again doesn't show up on aprs.fi as my station being out of the US.  I think it's something goofy in the nuvi.  It's not a big deal.  It comes around soon enough and the err is so large it's obviously not right.

          Pete

        • Alan
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 7, 2010
            Make sure PASSALL is off.