Re: [tracker2] Commands to T2

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 6, 2010
      Yeah. Are you running in compressed mode?

      Scott

      On 10/6/2010 10:39 AM, Pete Lilja wrote:

      > Yeah. I think. You describe what seemed to have happened.
      >
      > I can only guess it plotted incorrectly after hearing from the digi but
      > can't be sure. If that were the case I'd think it would have shown up
      > online at aprs.fi <http://aprs.fi>.
      >
      > Sending the --bea command thru the Nuvi to the T2-135 and all was
      > correct again.
      >
      > Weird, eh?
      >
      > Pete
      >
      > On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
      >
      > So you sent a BEACON command with the D7 and the T2-135 responded, and
      > plotted its own position incorrectly when it was heard back from the
      > digi - is that right?
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 10/6/2010 9:12 AM, Pete Lilja wrote:
      > >

      > > After a few missteps on start-up I now have an OT2M set-up and
      > running
      > > as a local fill-in digipeater. Cool stuff, this is.
      > >
      > > I recently was at another ham's shack who had just purchased a
      > service
      > > monitor and I was able to see the deviation on his 'scope from my
      > mobile
      > > T2-135. I was happy to see it was spot on. It got me to realize
      > that I
      > > could also see my new fill-in digi the same way from his shack by
      > > sending it a beacon command via RF. That's gonna be pretty cool
      > when I
      > > get that done.
      > >
      > > So, while playing with RF commands using my Kenwood D7 HT I
      > decided to
      > > send a beacon command to my Alinco DR-135 equipped with a T2-135
      > board.
      > > Oddly, when it responded with a beacon report the connected Nuvi 350
      > > showed it's position 6300+ miles away. When beaconing the
      > Alinco/T2-135
      > > via the Nuvi it showed the correct position. The odd-ball position
      > > report does not appear on APRS.fi however, so I'm thinking the Nuvi
      > > muffed the data. Any ideas on this?
      > >
      > > Anyway - this remote command stuff is pretty cool. I sure do
      > like the
      > > Argent products and service!
      > >
      > > Pete
      > > KC0GPB as the home fill-in digi, KC0GPB-7 for the mobile T2-135,
      > > KC0GPB-5 for the Kenwood D7 and KC0GPB-11 in the OT+ for high
      > altitude
      > > ballooning.

    • Pete Lilja
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2010
        Running which / what compressed?

        I just had it happen again playing around.  This time it was with my fill-in digi and the Nuvi.  2 reports  - one off the west coast of Africa and the second off the west coast of South America.

        Pete

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
           tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 2010
          Base91 compressed mode... if your position packets have the position
          encoded as a string of 8 characters and not numbers, you're using that mode.

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 2010
            I guess I dunno.

            This again doesn't show up on aprs.fi as my station being out of the US.  I think it's something goofy in the nuvi.  It's not a big deal.  It comes around soon enough and the err is so large it's obviously not right.

            Pete

          • Alan
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 7, 2010
              Make sure PASSALL is off.