nuvi350 audio question

  • KD4NFS
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2010
      i have a t2-135 installed in a alinco 135t, with a nuvi350.
      is there a way to have the nuvi350 play some sort of sound when a new aprs station is dispalyed on the nuvi screen?
      thx for the help.
      73's
    • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2010
        Unfortunately, the Nuvi350 is a closed device. The APRS "magic" that
        the T2-135 does with messaging is available because of a "Fleet
        Management Mode" built into the device by Garmin. I guess it would be
        possible to modify the T2-135 firmware to send a message when a station
        is displayed, but there's not enough room in the T2-135 to determine
        "New" and the Nuvi is not queriable.

        So, the answer is, unfortunately, no.

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - T2-135 as KJ4OVQ-9 OT2m as KJ4ERJ-9 both w/Alinco
        DR-135 and Nuvi350s

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 26, 2010
          Not that I can think of. The only way I know to cause a sound on the
          nuvi via FMI is to send it a message.

          Scott