Simplex repeater not working with Kenwood HT correctly

  • djhuff@rockwellcollins.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2010
      I am trying to setup a AD-SR1 simplex repeater as a foxhunt box, and I ran into a weird issue.
      If I hook it to a Kenwood HT using the cable from the store, it works fine as a simple simplex repeater, I can echo test with manual transmissions.  But when I program it to repeat announcement 0 at any interval, the PTT seems to open late, cutting off the announcement.  I have tried the PTT switch 4 in both the ON and OFF positions, no difference. I tried this with 2 different Kenwood HT's, they both do the same thing.

      The thing seems to work perfectly with an Icom HT, only having a problem with my Kenwood.  I am running the latest firmware, Rev J

      Anybody else seen this problem before?

      Thanks,
      David

      W0IM