Re: OT2m in permanent digipeater

  • oe3mzc
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 20, 2010
      Hello Hugh,
      you might have the "older" version of OT2m, which used to have an 2211 demodulator chip. We found out that these demodulators will not decode same number of packet as some other tncs. Reason seems to be some tolerance in capacitors used around the 2211.
      However with the new v2 using MX614 demodulator chip reception is much better,
      but if used in an overcrowed area the lack of buffer memory seems to let the OT2m not just drop packets, but also go to reset.
      So we have backed off from unaccessible hilltop digi operation so far...allthough we also liked the telemetry function very much!
      just for your info.

      vy 73 de Mike
      OE3MZC