T2-301 as digi

  • geoff5093
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2010
      I've been browsing these message boards for a while now, I've been using a TT4 running 0.65 as a hilltop digi, although I've had some serious issues with it. I run a TT3 in my car, and there were times when the TT4 would not digi any packets sent from my TT3, yet other digi's would. I haven't been very please with the TinyTrak's lately, so I'm thinking about buying a T2. Currently the locations are remote, with power being a large 12V battery, so consumption is a priority.

      I've been looking at a T2-301 to run as a digi, to those who currently use one, how would you recommend it? How does it compare to other low powered digi's?

      I also had a few questions after reading up on it. I read that if the voltage is 15V, and PP is at 99 that it will output greater then 9W, what is the output if it's set to 99 but the voltage is say, 12.4V? And for programming over the air, how would you go about sending commands to your digi? Do you just type out a message with the destination being the SSID of the digi, and the text being the command you want to send?
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2010
        At 12.4v the power output is probably going to be somewhere in the 6 to
        7 watt range max.

        For on-air programming, you send it an APRS message with the prefix CMD
        and the command you want to send. For example, CMD VERSION reports the
        firmware version. You can optionally set a one-time password for
        stronger authentication.

        Scott