Oops, I think I fired it...

  • Pete Lilja
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2010
      Well, I think I fried my OT2M.  In attempting to connect my previously working OT2m to a GE MLS radio tuned to 144.39 I believe I put power to pin 3 if the radio connection (female DB-9).  I was changing various pins from the radio to the OT2M as it would send a transmit signal to the radio and the radio would transmit - but the radio's transmission carried no tone (thru the tuning/diagnostics window of the configuration program).

      Now the OT2M won't power up and when I do apply power through the power port at the rear I get no lights, it won't communicate with my computer and the component marked < U8 > (right next to the Argent Data Systems logo) on the PCB gets warm to the touch very quickly.

      Any ideas?  It seems as though I've let some of that magic smoke out from some component.  I can certainly send it back and have Scott take a look.  That's probably my best bet but thought I'd ask here first.

      Pete "The Magic Smoke Releaser" L.
      KC0GPB