Using two GPSes

  • VE3ID
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2010
      I wonder if anybody has tried using two GPSes with the tracker 2. Scott
      says it should work, so I tried it. The reason: I do not want to leave
      the Nuvi 350 in the car all the time (I park at a college!) but I want
      to have full-time APRS reporting.

      So I hooked the Garmin to serial port 1 and an old Deluo (that I had
      used with the Tiny Track 3 that I had been using before I bought the
      Tracker2) to serial port 2.

      Problem is, as soon as I hook up the Deluo GPS I lost communications
      with the Nuvi - i.e. I cannot do any commands prefixed by --.

      Anybody tried this, and have any suggestions? In the meantime I am
      running with the Deluo disconnected.

      73
      Nigel
      ve3id
    • Curtis J. Bidulock
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2010

        I run it successfully this way but use the Nuvi on PortB and my puck GPS on PortA.

        Curtis Bidulock VE6AEW
        Section Emergency Coordinator
        ARES Alberta
        ve6aew@...