RE: [tracker2] Progress

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 16, 2006
      Yeah, that was my first thought... I was hoping I could do it in fewer parts.  I've tested it with a JFET and haven't managed to destroy it yet, but I'm not sure if it's sensitive enough.  I need to solder together a test apparatus - my breadboard is too sensitive to motion even without the sensor plugged in.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 16, 2006
        Cool, I'll post an update this week.  The tricky part right now is getting the parsers to figure out what sort of data is coming in on each port, and to make sure the parser state machines don't get screwed up by data from the other port when there's not enough memory to allocate a state machine for each parser+port combination.

        The good news is that once I get it sorted out, you won't have to tell it what port the weather station, GPS receiver, or whatever is going to be hooked up to.  It'll just figure it out on its own.  I'm also going to try an autobaud algorithm, so with some luck you won't even need to tell it what baud rate to expect.

        Scott

        I have a Peet Brothers 2000 that is up and running. It doesn't have
        the optional humidity sensor. All I need to do is plug it in to the T2.

        Mark