Ultimeter WX stations and OT2

  • Bruce W. Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2010
      I have been using an Ultimeter 2000 WX station for several years and a Ultimeter II before that. Recently I had a nearby lightning strike that took out my U2k OT1 and IC-2A amongst other things in the house.

      Having the WX stations connected to the OT1 worked fine as long as the power was set for low on the HT. If the power was too high it would interfere with the OT1 and cause it to transmit for a long time (probably continuous but I never let it go for more than a minute or so). After getting an OT2M I tried putting the WX station on the splitter cable on Port 1 with Port 2 connected to a Javaprssrvr. At best the WX station might get one good WX reading transmitted but thereafter the WX station temperature and pressure displays would go blank and the readings that were transmitted would vary wildly from the correct temperature and pressure. It is currently in the 60-80 degree F range here in Middle Tennessee but the temperature being transmitted is in the -30degree F range. (http://aprs.fi/weather/a/KQ4TV-3)

      Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix? I have tried snap-on ferrites on the serial cable and I will try the same on the data cable coming from the sensors but so far no good.

      Bruce

      --
      Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
      Mt. Juliet, TN