Re: [tracker2] Re: tk-705

  • gervais
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
      Alan
      finally i found this one on the web
      http://www.repeater-builder.com/kenwood/pix/6-pin.gif

      where should i connect them on my OT2?

      thanks all for your mail
      they are appreciated ,be sure.
      gervais ve2ckn

      From: "Alan" <alan@...>
      Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2010 10:45 PM
      To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [tracker2] Re: tk-705

      > 705D should work pretty good. Some models have the accy plug on the back
      > that have everything. Might have to adjust front end cans in a half a turn
      > for better RX.
      >
      > You can use the modular mic. Not sure, but RX audio is routed out on Pin 7
      > of many modular mics. If it's not there pin 7 is available for speaker
      > audio.
      > I will post a PDF of many Kenwood mic pinouts in the files section.
      > KenMICs.PDF
      >
      > Pin 1 Up
      > Pin 2 8VDC
      > Pin 3 Chassis GND
      > Pin 4 PTT
      > Pin 6 MIC hi
      > Pin 7 RS audio*
      > Pin 8 Down
      >
      > Alan
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "gervais" <ve2ckn@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> hi all
      >>
      >> as someone ever connected an OT2 on a kenwood Commercial TK-705?
      >>
      >> if you have the pinnout of the connection it would be great for me
      >>
      >> thanks
      >>
      >> gervais ve2ckn

    • Alan
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
        Glad you found it. You could cut out the hook pin 6, and route speaker
        audio out to RG-6.

        Or use the 1/8 audio plug on the back of the radio to route audio to
        your dB9 cable.

        mic ----------- dB-9
        pin 1-----------pin 7 - switched B+ 12volt .5 amp
        pin 3-----------pin 3 - PTT
        pin 4-----------pin 6 - ground
        pin 5-----------pin 1 - mic hi
        1/8 speaker--pin 5 - speaker audio

        The switched B+ is fused on pin 1 and can power the OT2, and a probably
        a low draw GPS without popping the fuse.
      • gervais
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
          well Alan
          i will connect it directly from the RG6 too the DB9 of the OT2.
          tomorrow i will go at the telephone store and buy an RG6 cable ,,,about 2 or
          3 feets.
          thanks again

          Gervais