Re: [tracker2] Re: tk-705

  • gervais
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
      Bonjour Alan,
      this is an RJ6 connector on the 705,not an RJ45.
      Gervais ve2ckn

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
        Alan
        finally i found this one on the web
        http://www.repeater-builder.com/kenwood/pix/6-pin.gif

        where should i connect them on my OT2?

        thanks all for your mail
        they are appreciated ,be sure.
        gervais ve2ckn

        > 705D should work pretty good. Some models have the accy plug on the back
        > that have everything. Might have to adjust front end cans in a half a turn
        > for better RX.
        >
        > You can use the modular mic. Not sure, but RX audio is routed out on Pin 7
        > of many modular mics. If it's not there pin 7 is available for speaker
        > audio.
        > I will post a PDF of many Kenwood mic pinouts in the files section.
        > KenMICs.PDF
        >
        > Pin 1 Up
        > Pin 2 8VDC
        > Pin 3 Chassis GND
        > Pin 4 PTT
        > Pin 6 MIC hi
        > Pin 7 RS audio*
        > Pin 8 Down
        >
        > Alan
        >
        > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "gervais" <ve2ckn@...> wrote:
        >>

        >> hi all
        >>
        >> as someone ever connected an OT2 on a kenwood Commercial TK-705?
        >>
        >> if you have the pinnout of the connection it would be great for me
        >>
        >> thanks
        >>
        >> gervais ve2ckn

      • Alan
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
          Glad you found it. You could cut out the hook pin 6, and route speaker
          audio out to RG-6.

          Or use the 1/8 audio plug on the back of the radio to route audio to
          your dB9 cable.

          mic ----------- dB-9
          pin 1-----------pin 7 - switched B+ 12volt .5 amp
          pin 3-----------pin 3 - PTT
          pin 4-----------pin 6 - ground
          pin 5-----------pin 1 - mic hi
          1/8 speaker--pin 5 - speaker audio

          The switched B+ is fused on pin 1 and can power the OT2, and a probably
          a low draw GPS without popping the fuse.
        • gervais
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
            well Alan
            i will connect it directly from the RG6 too the DB9 of the OT2.
            tomorrow i will go at the telephone store and buy an RG6 cable ,,,about 2 or
            3 feets.
            thanks again

            Gervais