tk-705

  • gervais
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2010
      hi all

      as someone ever connected an OT2 on a kenwood Commercial TK-705?

      if you have the pinnout of the connection it would be great for me

      thanks

      gervais ve2ckn
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2010
        705D should work pretty good. Some models have the accy plug on the back that have everything. Might have to adjust front end cans in a half a turn for better RX.

        You can use the modular mic. Not sure, but RX audio is routed out on Pin 7 of many modular mics. If it's not there pin 7 is available for speaker audio.
        I will post a PDF of many Kenwood mic pinouts in the files section. KenMICs.PDF

        Pin 1 Up
        Pin 2 8VDC
        Pin 3 Chassis GND
        Pin 4 PTT
        Pin 6 MIC hi
        Pin 7 RS audio*
        Pin 8 Down

        Alan

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "gervais" <ve2ckn@...> wrote:

        > hi all
        >
        > as someone ever connected an OT2 on a kenwood Commercial TK-705?
        >
        > if you have the pinnout of the connection it would be great for me
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > gervais ve2ckn

      • Tyson S.
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2010
          Great radio, I have owned several, here is more info for pins and what not, the 805 is the same as the 705.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
            Bonjour Alan,
            this is an RJ6 connector on the 705,not an RJ45.
            Gervais ve2ckn

            > 705D should work pretty good. Some models have the accy plug on the back
            > that have everything. Might have to adjust front end cans in a half a turn
            > for better RX.
            >
            > You can use the modular mic. Not sure, but RX audio is routed out on Pin 7
            > of many modular mics. If it's not there pin 7 is available for speaker
            > audio.
            > I will post a PDF of many Kenwood mic pinouts in the files section.
            > KenMICs.PDF
            >
            > Pin 1 Up
            > Pin 2 8VDC
            > Pin 3 Chassis GND
            > Pin 4 PTT
            > Pin 6 MIC hi
            > Pin 7 RS audio*
            > Pin 8 Down
            >
            > Alan
            >
            > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "gervais" <ve2ckn@...> wrote:
            >>

            >> hi all
            >>
            >> as someone ever connected an OT2 on a kenwood Commercial TK-705?
            >>
            >> if you have the pinnout of the connection it would be great for me
            >>
            >> thanks
            >>
            >> gervais ve2ckn

          • gervais
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
              Alan
              finally i found this one on the web
              http://www.repeater-builder.com/kenwood/pix/6-pin.gif

              where should i connect them on my OT2?

              thanks all for your mail
              they are appreciated ,be sure.
              gervais ve2ckn

              > 705D should work pretty good. Some models have the accy plug on the back
              > that have everything. Might have to adjust front end cans in a half a turn
              > for better RX.
              >
              > You can use the modular mic. Not sure, but RX audio is routed out on Pin 7
              > of many modular mics. If it's not there pin 7 is available for speaker
              > audio.
              > I will post a PDF of many Kenwood mic pinouts in the files section.
              > KenMICs.PDF
              >
              > Pin 1 Up
              > Pin 2 8VDC
              > Pin 3 Chassis GND
              > Pin 4 PTT
              > Pin 6 MIC hi
              > Pin 7 RS audio*
              > Pin 8 Down
              >
              > Alan
              >
              > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "gervais" <ve2ckn@...> wrote:
              >>

              >> hi all
              >>
              >> as someone ever connected an OT2 on a kenwood Commercial TK-705?
              >>
              >> if you have the pinnout of the connection it would be great for me
              >>
              >> thanks
              >>
              >> gervais ve2ckn

            • Alan
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
                Glad you found it. You could cut out the hook pin 6, and route speaker
                audio out to RG-6.

                Or use the 1/8 audio plug on the back of the radio to route audio to
                your dB9 cable.

                mic ----------- dB-9
                pin 1-----------pin 7 - switched B+ 12volt .5 amp
                pin 3-----------pin 3 - PTT
                pin 4-----------pin 6 - ground
                pin 5-----------pin 1 - mic hi
                1/8 speaker--pin 5 - speaker audio

                The switched B+ is fused on pin 1 and can power the OT2, and a probably
                a low draw GPS without popping the fuse.
              • gervais
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 5, 2010
                  well Alan
                  i will connect it directly from the RG6 too the DB9 of the OT2.
                  tomorrow i will go at the telephone store and buy an RG6 cable ,,,about 2 or
                  3 feets.
                  thanks again

                  Gervais