Re: [tracker2] Re: OT2m and Nuvi combo tries forever

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2010
      Oh yes. The rf is perfect. I can carry on a dialog with a station with both of us getting acks of each message instantly. This can be seen in today's messages using my call. But if I send a message to a station that for any reason does NOT respond - ever. The system will resend that message every few seconds - forever. It should time out and stop after n number of tries.
      Thanks for your reply,
      Tom

      Sent from the iTouch.

      On Sep 4, 2010, at 7:25 PM, "Alan" <alan@...> wrote:

      Can you hear any digis responding to your packets? Do your packets cause your fillings to fall out?

      The most ignored and most important part of APRS is TX/RX levels. If it's not an off the shelf APRS radio, Some assembly (setup) is required.

      The OT2 is happy with .5vRMS to about 1volt RMS max. Most radios will provide a ballpark level at 1/4 to about 1/3 volume. Speaker audio is better than Discriminator audio.

      The best straight forward discussion of layer 1, that won't cause your eyes to glaze over, click below.

      http://www.febo.com/packet/layer-one/receive.html
      http://www.febo.com/packet/layer-one/transmit.html

      Alan:-)

    • Alan
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2010
        OK good,
        That's a feature. It's the never stop trying feature;-) The Nuvi-350 is a cool tool, but I always delete incoming and out going messages with in a few minutes, even Wifey is trained to delete. Just get into the habit of letting it try sending like 3 to 5 times. Then delete it. There are a few other undocumented features that will arise if messages aren't flushed out regularly.
        73's,
        Alan