Re: [tracker2] Re: OT2M glitch - UPDATE

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
      On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 5:07 PM, k7ybz <k7ybz@...> wrote:

      > I would contact Scott Miller at Argent Data. He has been very good
      > about such things and would either repair or replace the unit. He
      > normally monitors the group and will chime in unless he is playing
      > with ballons somewhere.

      He's gone walkabout... out playing on the playa at Burning Man.

      Some people just aren't serious about work! 8) I guess with the amount
      of hours he puts in during a "regular" week, we've got to let him go a
      little goofy now and then!

      If I could I'd love to take in Burning Man once, sounds like a really
      crazy event. Dunno about camping in the middle of a desert though...

    • Alan
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
        http://aprs.fi/?lat=40.7876&lng=-119.2745&mt=roadmap&z=12&timerange=21600

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
          I'm back. Catching up on email will take a few days.

          > If I could I'd love to take in Burning Man once, sounds like a really
          > crazy event. Dunno about camping in the middle of a desert though...

          It's much nicer camping in an RV. I've camped out there twice before in
          a tent and this was far more comfortable, even without AC (since we were
          running entirely on solar and wind power, no generator.) I managed to
          get through the whole 8 days without doing anything work-related, aside
          from delivering a replacement nuvi to one of the rangers. I did more
          walking and biking than I've done in ages and I feel great. Served 200
          people liquid nitrogen ice cream, tended bar in what must be the
          dirtiest dive bar on the planet, and generally had an awesome time. And
          by the time Burning Man is over, you're READY for it to be over and
          coming home isn't so bad. =]

          As for the original question, if the flash has failed we can replace the
          MCU here, no charge.