Re: [tracker2] Re: OT2M glitch - UPDATE

  • Frank C.
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
      Thanks Larry! I'll await others, and Scott's responses too.

      Regards,

      -Frank C.
      On Sep 1, 2010, at 4:07 PM, k7ybz wrote:

      If the memory has gone bad, and it appears it has, I would contact Scott Miller at Argent Data. He has been very good about such things and would either repair or replace the unit. He normally monitors the group and will chime in unless he is playing with ballons somewhere.

      Larry
      K7YBZ

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Frank C." <fchrist2@...> wrote:

      > Larry,
      >
      > The unit is barely a year old with plenty of power to it. I've tried the option you said along with disabling turbo and no results.
      >
      > What would I do if the flash memory has gone bad?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > -Frank C.
      >
      > On Sep 1, 2010, at 15:06, "k7ybz" <k7ybz@...> wrote:
      >
      > Frank,
      >
      > How old is the unit and are you trying to program while the OT2 is on a good 12V power supply capable of supplying at least 1 amp?
      >
      > One way to reprogram is via the opening window of the otwincfg that selects the comm port. Check the box in the lower left corner to "Erase device and load new firmware". This should get you back to the starting configuration. Once that completes and the config program actually opens, go ahead and put in your specific configurations settings. If that doesn't work then the flash memory has gone bad.
      >
      > Larry
      > K7YBZ
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Frank C." <fchrist2@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sorry for the two bad emails, my phone glitched.
      > >
      > > As for the update the address is now staying at 0x0880 and 0x0ec0
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > -Frank C.
      > >
      > > On Sep 1, 2010, at 14:36, "Frank C." <fchrist2@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Now it
      > > Sp
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > -Frank C.
      > >
      > > On Sep 1, 2010, at 14:32, "Frank C." <fchrist2@> wrote:
      > >

      > > I tried updating my settings via OTWINCFG and it failed 2 times. Well I ran into a stumbling block. Got the "unable to verify block at 0x?????" message after going to re-run the firmware.
      > >
      > > Any help or ideas?
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > -Frank C.

    • Frank C.
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
        Larry and others. Not sure what was up but, I hooked my OT2m up to another computer via a USB-Serial and everything came back to life. Time to check the cables...

        Regards,

        -Frank C.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2010
          On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 5:07 PM, k7ybz <k7ybz@...> wrote:

          > I would contact Scott Miller at Argent Data. He has been very good
          > about such things and would either repair or replace the unit. He
          > normally monitors the group and will chime in unless he is playing
          > with ballons somewhere.

          He's gone walkabout... out playing on the playa at Burning Man.

          Some people just aren't serious about work! 8) I guess with the amount
          of hours he puts in during a "regular" week, we've got to let him go a
          little goofy now and then!

          If I could I'd love to take in Burning Man once, sounds like a really
          crazy event. Dunno about camping in the middle of a desert though...

        • Alan
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
            http://aprs.fi/?lat=40.7876&lng=-119.2745&mt=roadmap&z=12&timerange=21600

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 8, 2010
              I'm back. Catching up on email will take a few days.

              > If I could I'd love to take in Burning Man once, sounds like a really
              > crazy event. Dunno about camping in the middle of a desert though...

              It's much nicer camping in an RV. I've camped out there twice before in
              a tent and this was far more comfortable, even without AC (since we were
              running entirely on solar and wind power, no generator.) I managed to
              get through the whole 8 days without doing anything work-related, aside
              from delivering a replacement nuvi to one of the rangers. I did more
              walking and biking than I've done in ages and I feel great. Served 200
              people liquid nitrogen ice cream, tended bar in what must be the
              dirtiest dive bar on the planet, and generally had an awesome time. And
              by the time Burning Man is over, you're READY for it to be over and
              coming home isn't so bad. =]

              As for the original question, if the flash has failed we can replace the
              MCU here, no charge.