OT2 Proto-C Notes

  • ve1aic
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2006
      I just finished testing my new OT Tracker2 ProtoC board and its
      working 100%.
      - Works as local tnc for Ui-View with KISS
      - Does APRS Wide-n digi
      - RF Remote control of tnc parms using APRS messaging,

      Figuring out the remote control took some reading through the messages
      on here but that's what a beta project is...lots of fun.
      (Some documentation lacking)

      I havn't seen any specific notes on alignment of the modem but it
      seems to work very well with R27 centered and it reliably decodes
      packets with just 150mv of speaker audio.(Testing of disc audio to follow)

      On TX, I had to turn R26 to maximum for my GE Pheonix and a TXLEVEL
      setting of 250 to get 2.4khz deviation for Alt or Packet.
      Low gave 1.5Khz, and High was 2.2Khz
      Other TXL settings of 100=0.9khz, 150=1.5Khz, 200=2.0khz

      The ProtoC notes mention Q1 & Q3 which are no longer on the schematic
      (09/10/2006) and not included.
      I had a 3 extra resitors, a cap and diode left over.
      Construction was easy due to excellent board screening.

      The only board photo I could find is on the main page of this group
      and it is a previous version.(Before 232 chip).
      Therefore I have posted in the Photos section a picture of my
      OT2m-ProtoC board for reference.

      73, Ron
      VE1AIC

      http://ve1cra.net